Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 05-07-2016, 02:32 PM   #1

Heat Wrap?

Has anyone ever used that Heat Wrap Tape on their exhaust pipes? I've been using a Hockey Type shin guard But it is a pain plus it looks real stupid. I was wondering the pros & cons of the wrap. They have it in colors now.Irish

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Has anyone ever used that Heat Wrap Tape on their exhaust pipes? I've been using a Hockey Type shin guard But it is a pain plus it looks real stupid. I was wondering the pros & cons of the wrap. They have it in colors now.Irish
I guess on a regular scooter , you wouldn't need it. I was hoping that someone rode something that needed it. Oh well , it was worth a try!Irish
Old 05-10-2016, 11:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
I guess that you wouldn't need it on a regular scooter. I was hoping
that someone rode something that needed it. I'll probably just try it! What can I lose except the cost of the tape & some work?Irish

Old 05-11-2016, 08:19 AM   #4

You would probably have better luck with your question, on a Harley Trike Forum.....there must be one around somewhere.

I belong to a forum that is specifically for my model of BMW (Chromeheads.org), this forum is for just R1200C, and R1200CL bikes. Then there is another site called 'Sovietsteeds', that I frequent for tips, and etc. pertaining to my Russian made Ural.

If there are forums geared toward my Ural 3 wheeler, there must be Harley trike forums around.......for there certainly are more Harleys in this country, than there are Urals.

Old 05-11-2016, 01:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
You would probably have better luck with your question, on a Harley Trike Forum.....there must be one around somewhere.

I belong to a forum that is specifically for my model of BMW (Chromeheads.org), this forum is for just R1200C, and R1200CL bikes. Then there is another site called 'Sovietsteeds', that I frequent for tips, and etc. pertaining to my Russian made Ural.

If there are forums geared toward my Ural 3 wheeler, there must be Harley trike forums around.......for there certainly are more Harleys in this country, than there are Urals.
R.K.S.---Thanks , but I'm not sure that my bike would qualify as a Harley Trike. I test-rode an OFFICIAL full sized Harley Trike at the dealer & told them that it was bigger (in size) than I wanted & to call me if they got anything smaller in. I thought that was the last that I'd hear from them. Lo & Behold they called me about three weeks later. Someone had turned in a Sportster 1200 with a trike kit (smaller than stock) I looked at it & it was basically what I wanted (size-wise) the kit was installed correctly & I bought it. I would rather have a 103 eng but they didn't make them , in 2006. Until I have enough $ for a Freewheeler , I'll live with it! Irish