Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 05-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #1

Honda offering 280cc scoot in the US soon

Honda will offer a quarter liter scooter in the US again soon. It will cost about a grand more than the CBR250. The 250cc class continues to get more crowded.
http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/05/1...us/#more-29085

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-14-2013, 11:09 PM   #2

Nice looking bike... I hate to say it.. but it looks like Honda may have taken some styling ques from CFMOTO on this one!

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/...ure498768.html
Old 05-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #3

Hi
Nice scoot

Take care and ride safely my friends
Yours Hank

Old 05-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #4

But 51/2-6K Base price?.....OUCH!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak View Post
Nice looking bike... I hate to say it.. but it looks like Honda may have taken some styling ques from CFMOTO on this one!

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/...ure498768.html
Get used to it. China's time is almost here.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #6

I think the Forza/Reflex may be worth it if you commute over 50 miles every day and need the freeway capable speed. For shorter local commutes, I can would rather get a pair of 260cc Linhai's or maybe a couple of 125cc Lances.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #7

I just find it interesting that the mid-range market is getting so crowded so fast. Scooter sales have exploded over the last few years but they were all in the lower 50 cc range. Not exactly the bike best suited to the wide open streets of urban America.

The mid-range (125cc to 400cc) are just better suited to commuting and living in American cities. Could it be that marketers are realizing that the future of American motorcycling will be in the mid - range?

If you look around your seeing more and more "traditional cycles" looking more and more like scooters and a growing mid-range market there as well.

About time if you ask me.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:35 AM   #8

Larger cities and longer distances here, much better suited to a larger size scooter.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #9

I think the growing 250cc segment has been stimulated by non-enthusiast riders. They want to save money and ride something reliable. They don't enjoy motorcycling enough to buy a Monster, V-strom, T-max, Majesty or one of the other popular midweights.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #10

Thats just about the right sized engine for a scooter, but it really aint a scooter as in NO STEP THRU. I think I would just as soon get a motorcycle as another "scooter" with no step thru. For longer trips or night riding I have a majesty and it has been running fine since I had to overhaul the top end. I much prefer to ride my chinese 150, I ride it at least 5 or 6 times a week verses once or twice for the majesty. If the majesty was a true step thru I would probably ride it all the time. I been thinking motorcycle again too. john
Old 06-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #11

jct842 - Just curious - Why is the flat floored step thru so important to you? Are you a purist or are there other reasons?
Old 06-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #12

Probably a lot of reasons. I love to go to the store and be able to stick a case of coke or dog food on the floor. I grew up with scooters with floors, first was in 58 when I was 16. I am getting old and creaky and if I have to hoist my leg over the seat to get on a scooter I will probably just buy a motorcycle. I like being able to slide on and off on either side. Guess I am a purist.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #13

A Flat floor (in addition to everything else) gives you more places to shift you feet, to put stuff without saddle bags or a trunk, and as stated before, just easier to get in and out of.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #14

Oh and one more thing for a floorboard is weather protection that you do not have with a hump. Its way harder to get your shoes and legs full of muk if you can put them together in the center of the floor board when the occasion arises . And should you get in a crash way more protection for the legs. I once got a foot broke on a motorcycle when a dumb broad backed out of a bushes hidden drive with out looking, it might not have happened on my majesty with the hump and am sure it would not have happened with my two other scooters with relatively flat floor boards. If it aint flat it is not a scooter! john
Old 06-03-2013, 02:44 AM   #15

Had that on my Honda Elite, I used to luxuriate in looking down (for a fraction of a second, on the open highway with no traffic) and seeing my feet on the carpeted floor as the road rushed by.