Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madathlon View Post
Since I have gotten my Roketa I have learned one hard line fact. It shoddy work, cheap parts and even cheaper labor build these scooters.

I have found wires pinched, screws driven through wire and even a (+) wire for the headlights left hanging inches from the switch. It was never connected.

You are most likely looking for a wire that been cut or not even connected at all.
Thanks. Everything has worked. I know about the shoddy stuff on some of these. I have replaced brake switches, master cylinder, carb enricher, and I can't think of what else. Owned it since 2007 when I bought it new to haul on back of our GMC coach. But, this has been toughest diagnosis for me. Installed the new headlight today. Now I am at least able to put plastic back on before I forget how it goes. Down to waiting on the flywheel puller. Even have the nut removed. Have to pull it to count the number of coils. There is nothing anywhere that tells me which stator to buy without looking at it. So, I am down to at least another week before I can get the stator. If that does not fix this light issue then these lights are going to be re wired to dc and I will go on. Should have done that in the beginning but did not realize what a snake pit I was in. I now think about the stinking headlight on this thing when I am trying to go to sleep sometimes, ha.
I will close this thread out next week or so hoping that I have helped someone on down the road.
Dan,
Took me two days to figure out the old forum was closed and had been moved