PDA

View Full Version : Big Box Retailers competing online

bull
03-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Just thought I would give some of you a heads up on something I have been experiencing and seeing. Several times I have observed the big box retailers offer better pricing online, both of their own products, but also of their marketplace sellers.

Needed a couple bullet piercing valves to check refrigerant in refrigerator, placed order online @ appliance zone.com $15 incl $7 shipping, waited a week no valves, contacted, not in stock, will ship soon. Checked Grainger online, valves $4.04 each, pickup @ store same day.

I was needing some modeling clay, jb weld, loctite and some Dremel bits. Typical online searches yielded similar results. jb weld small tube packages @ $5 - 6, modeling clay 2 lbs was $10, bits were $25. plus shipping of course. Out of curiosity I searched walmart.com, found large shop tubes of jb weld & loctite near same price, 10 lbs clay under $8, bits $13. Clay was walmart site to store no charge, The others were Wayfair & Zoro merchants w/similar shipping charges to online.

Needed a new tire for pickup, decided on Goodyear subbrand, local tire store was $122, walmart.com $54

Next was some rtv silicone and 2 stroke oil @ walmart marketplace, vendor Tonzof misidentified qty, but made good on 2 stroke oil, refunded all but shipping.

Watched the move Atlas Shrugged III from Redbox, liked it wanted to view parts I & II, searched Amazon. New was $5 each plus each shipping, Amazon marketplace seller used $3 plus shipping each. Checked Walmart.com, new $5 each free ship site to store.

Needed some chain link fence posts, looked up on Home Depot $9.97, went to buy them @ store- they moved them in the store. Garden clerk did not know where, called for help to find where they were relocated to, no reply for over 10 minutes. Returned home, looked at Lowes.com found same pipes for $7.97 and free site to store shipping. Lowes in store price almost double!

It pays to shop big box merchants online for great buys. Have added walmart.com as a search engine to browser.

Irish
07-31-2015, 10:58 AM
Just thought I would give some of you a heads up on something I have been experiencing and seeing. Several times I have observed the big box retailers offer better pricing online, both of their own products, but also of their marketplace sellers.

Needed a couple bullet piercing valves to check refrigerant in refrigerator, placed order online @ appliance zone.com $15 incl $7 shipping, waited a week no valves, contacted, not in stock, will ship soon. Checked Grainger online, valves $4.04 each, pickup @ store same day.

I was needing some modeling clay, jb weld, loctite and some Dremel bits. Typical online searches yielded similar results. jb weld small tube packages @ $5 - 6, modeling clay 2 lbs was $10, bits were $25. plus shipping of course. Out of curiosity I searched walmart.com, found large shop tubes of jb weld & loctite near same price, 10 lbs clay under $8, bits $13. Clay was walmart site to store no charge, The others were Wayfair & Zoro merchants w/similar shipping charges to online.

Needed a new tire for pickup, decided on Goodyear subbrand, local tire store was $122, walmart.com $54

Next was some rtv silicone and 2 stroke oil @ walmart marketplace, vendor Tonzof misidentified qty, but made good on 2 stroke oil, refunded all but shipping.

Watched the move Atlas Shrugged III from Redbox, liked it wanted to view parts I & II, searched Amazon. New was $5 each plus each shipping, Amazon marketplace seller used $3 plus shipping each. Checked Walmart.com, new $5 each free ship site to store.

Needed some chain link fence posts, looked up on Home Depot $9.97, went to buy them @ store- they moved them in the store. Garden clerk did not know where, called for help to find where they were relocated to, no reply for over 10 minutes. Returned home, looked at Lowes.com found same pipes for $7.97 and free site to store shipping. Lowes in store price almost double!

It pays to shop big box merchants online for great buys. Have added walmart.com as a search engine to browser.

Do you secretly work for Wal*Mart?:lmao:Concerning Home Depot. My Son-in-law used to work for them. They don't even give their employes (sp?) a discount! He would put in his time at Home Depot , punch out , go to Lowes & get what he needed. Now he works for Lowes.:tup: Irish