PDA

View Full Version : Faux Filter

lykos23
06-24-2013, 04:19 PM
My filter STILL hasn't arrived yet >:>:(>: So much for $15 shipping...

So, I was thinking... I already apparently drove around for a few miles without a filter and I'm having scooter withdrawels. I was wondering if anyone out there substituted a filter for something else ever. Right now I have ripped up foam filter on my honda zook carb and that's the only thing it will run with without the actual airbox. And I've heard of people using a rag over their carb (with horror stories of the rag getting sucked inside the carb too!)

What is you guys' opinion? Is it worth it to drive around just for one day with a substituted filter? Maybe a piece of screen with a rag over it with some fresh filter oil? Or is there just no way to avoid micro abrasions on the cylinder wall without a certified filter? :hmm::shrug:

Stock airbox is broken... Should I salvage that for the snorkel and stuff and make me a faux filter?

scootnwinn
06-24-2013, 05:10 PM
My answer depends on how bad you're Jonesin'. So how bad is it? Are you shaking, sweating, or throwing up??

lykos23
06-24-2013, 05:49 PM
My answer depends on how bad you're Jonesin'. So how bad is it? Are you shaking, sweating, or throwing up??
lawl, no. I just really needed to go for a scooter ride until my mom finally found a ride to the store. All is well so I might as well just wait 'til tomorrow at 2:30p.m. to get my new filter... -sigh-

inuyasha
06-24-2013, 06:28 PM
lawl, no. I just really needed to go for a scooter ride until my mom finally found a ride to the store. All is well so I might as well just wait 'til tomorrow at 2:30p.m. to get my new filter... -sigh-
Hi
It will be here before ya know it>D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

lykos23
06-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Hi
It will be here before ya know it>D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank
Thanks, Hank. But...

My Filter STILL isn't here! That makes it six days total for shipping IF it comes tomorrow! >:

I know I need to work on my patience, but no amount of guns n' roses will make me forgive this seller.

scootnwinn
06-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Guns n roses will focus you on the fact that there is worse things than waiting. Namely having to listen to Guns n Roses while you're waiting.

lykos23
06-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Guns n roses will focus you on the fact that there is worse things than waiting. Namely having to listen to Guns n Roses while you're waiting.
LOL.>D

Well, my mother has made me listen to them my whole life, so they do kind of get old to me after a while, but that's just me. They're still a good talented band, imo. :hmm:

I'm feeling more and more hopeless about this filter though.

First-Class Package Service

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

June 25, 2013, 11:37 am

ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007

Expected Delivery By:
June 27, 2013

USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmation™

I expected to be sidelined a few days at most, but this is getting ridiculous. I paid as much for the shipping as I did for the filter, there's no excuse on the seller's end why they didn't just ship the thing when I asked them to, by buying the thing.

The nearest places I can find that even sell filters are well out of biking distance... Like an hour drive away. I should have just ordered two, one as a spare just in case, then I probably would have received at least one of them by now.

I ordered this filter from "Rider's Needs" in Chicago, IL. I highly advise against ordering from them unless one is willing to wait extra long.

Guest_3
06-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Am I the only one that thinks outside of the scooter box ??.

You can get this temporary air filter at most lawnmower/small engine repair shops for under $10 bucks. :nod:

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mxgjc8yBC0ImDI8VKt3G7LQ.jpg

lykos23
06-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Am I the only one that thinks outside of the scooter box ??.

You can get this temporary air filter at most lawnmower/small engine repair shops for under $10 bucks. :nod:

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mxgjc8yBC0ImDI8VKt3G7LQ.jpg

Thanks, Wayne. Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I would have gladly biked to the hardware store to search for that thing. My filter is FINALLY out for deliver though, so I may as well just wait another 3 hours. It's been six days waiting for a 1-3 day shipping estimate, I may as well just wait another few hours...