Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 01-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #31

I did give it a whack Lefty!! I'm a Maintenance Mechanic so I know that contacts do get stuck in various types of equipment I work on. I work in a hospital and this happens with the ice/water machines where the contactor on the control board gets stuck and I just give it a little whack and it starts working.

Here is another thing, at least 1 out of 10 times I try to electric start the scoot I hear a whirring noise coming from down near the motor, like it's trying to move. Might be the starter making that noise. Most of the time it just makes the click sound from the solenoid.
Kenwood Marine Radio With Remote Control
Mikuni Fuel Pump

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #32

Yea then I think its your starter Beo, but to prove positive HOOK the pos from you car connect it to the STARTER POST and touch the NEG TO THE MOTOR. That will prove one way or the other if its your starter. IT SHOULD SPIN if it is good or was stuck with good direct current going to it. If it just whines then it is TOAST.
Lefty

Three Wheels keep me up
You’ll never be old and wise if you weren’t young and crazy
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #33

Ok Lefty, I will try that tomorrow. If it is my starter, hopefully it's not too involved to change out.
Mikuni Fuel Pump

Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #34

It is very easy to change it out, just take the wire off the post and take two screws out and UP and out.
Lefty

Three Wheels keep me up
Old 01-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #35

You can teach humbly its more effective.

If the brake lights come on the brake switch is good that's all I said didn't say anything about the selonoid there. Read it again.

I will treat you with respect, I deserve the same. Your obnoxious boasting isn't helping anything. You know your stuff obviously but your reading comprehension and social skills could use a little work. No disrespect intended just a humble opinion take it or leave it. I will not argue with you anymore do try to be more respectful I may be younger than you but that doesn't give you a license to treat me like a punk.
We are all trying to help you seem to enjoy a little insulting with yours you should think about that. Have a nice evening Lefty

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Old 01-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #36

One thing people should remember is that reading something online doesn't have inflection and what can be seen as insulting may not be meant as such. I have however seen some condescending remarks from time to time BUT overall I think most people are respectful and it should stay that way. We are here to offer advice some of which is suspect at times or just a misdiagnosis. Others truly do know what they are talking about and I definitely use advice from experience or advice I know works. Can't we all just get along??
Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #37

I really wish we could just get along

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 01-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootnwinn View Post
You can teach humbly its more effective.

If the brake lights come on the brake switch is good that's all I said didn't say anything about the selonoid there. Read it again.

I will treat you with respect, I deserve the same. Your obnoxious boasting isn't helping anything. You know your stuff obviously but your reading comprehension and social skills could use a little work. No disrespect intended just a humble opinion take it or leave it. I will not argue with you anymore do try to be more respectful I may be younger than you but that doesn't give you a license to treat me like a punk.
We are all trying to help you seem to enjoy a little insulting with yours you should think about that. Have a nice evening Lefty
No arguement here, but it was and is obvious you did not know how the system works so I explained it to you. But instead of taking it as a learning curve you like many others cannot take being told anything or god forbid corrected. Now you could of responded OH SHIT I DIDN'T know that or something to that effect, but Instead you showed your true self to everyone and your immaturity.
Lefty
Those who do not know, do not know that they do not know

Three Wheels keep me up

Last edited by Lefty; 01-29-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #39

Whatever dude I'm glad everyone else can read. I bumbled about these things for a living at one point I understand the simple brake lockout starter circuit. Good luck to you none of this helps th OP does it Lefty?

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 01-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #40

beo111, Let us know what it is, that is very important info to pass on.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #41

If I know, the way I look at it, is explaining how things work to a person with a problem or even others that are responding helps everyone. If they did not know now they know and can in the future help others with that knowledge.

If the explanation actually corrected someones bogus suggestion or advice may cause bad feelings instead of taking the information given and storing it in his or her brain for future use that is find with me. It is better to set things straight IF you know and not have the person with a problem sent in the wrong direction looking for the problem.

A very good example I see a lot of is "PUT IN A BIGGER JET" when nothing was changed on the scoot and it was running fine for hundreds and or thousands of miles before it started acting up. That is wrong advice and or suggestion plain and simple.

That is just one story in the big city so be carefull out there.

For those that know me I do not mean to offend anyone I may at times be blunt and to the point but that comes with age so they say, so don't take it personnal. I do not dilly dally or beat around the bush or throw kissies just to have someone like me.

There is a saying that goes like this which is so true:
If you do not have an enemy your doing something wrong.
Lefty

Three Wheels keep me up
Old 01-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #42

Hello all! Well after work I couldn't wait to start troubleshooting the starting problems, so after a while i figured out what the problem was. It's the starter that's no good! I got 12 volts going to the starter off the solenoid so I removed the starter and put it on 12 volts and it still didn't work. Last night I was watching some scoot videos on youtube and a guy was showing how the starters can get contaminated with oil and stop working. So I took the starter apart and it was full of oil! I took a picture of it and have it below. I have a new one on order and should arrive Friday. Can't wait to get back on the road. Thanks to all who helped me troubleshoot this because I was puzzled!

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps304e0580.jpg
Mikuni Fuel Pump
Old 01-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #43

Bummer but I'm glad you found it. Friday is not that far away.

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #44

Fantastic Beo, great news and as you found out it was easy to take out. Hope your riding soon.
Lefty

Three Wheels keep me up
Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #45

Thumbs Up

Great news beo, glad you found the problem and thanks for sharing that pic with us, Just a suggestion when working on scoot, I always mark on my calender, what I did or what part I put on and what the milliage was. (keep good records so you can track what you did).