Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2014, 07:18 PM   #11

Woo hoo! Finally got to do my first ride today! Took my knowledge test a couple of days ago...got my permit and I have 90 days until I have to get the wheel test done.

So I went up and down my main street just to practice because it's been quite awhile since I've ridden a motorized 2 wheeler...but it seemed to run really well. Accelerated nicely, braked quick, etc. I then went to the local gas station to check the tires and they were very close to the required 36 psi.

Question...I downloaded a GPS app that allows you to use your cell as a speedometer. The speedometer on the scooter seems to be a bit off and this seems like a common problem with the chinese scooters? (Or else my gps signal is crap, lol) It seems fairly accurate when going slower speeds but once I'm up to 30+ it seems about 7-8 mph off. (The scooter speedometer speed is slower then the gps/phone speedometer) I had a heck of a time installing the speedometer when I was putting on the front wheel but I don't think I installed it incorrectly....any thoughts?

Last edited by nwscooterboy; 07-26-2014 at 04:41 PM.