Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #1

No start after cleaning carb, WTH

My scoot was running/starting fine but was being a bit finicky here and there. Nothing crazy but since I just bought it I decided I'd clean the carb up as a precaution. I removed the carb, rebooked everything back up and now I have no start. I didn't do anything crazy and the scoot ran ok prior to this.

I have pulled the plug and verified I have spark

I disconnected the gas and vac line from the tank and sucked on the vac line and had a solid flow of fuel. That doesn't guarantee the scoot is pulling enough vac to open it but it is definitely not clogged.

Battery is fully charged, starter is kicking in, all that jazz.

Any ideas what could cause a no start considering I changed pretty much nothing?

Took a quick vid for ya it is uploading now.

The only other thing I can possibly think of that could of caused and issue is that I did some cleaning while it was off and some carb cleaner got on some spots on the bike but that happening and me trying to start it were a solid 24 hours apart so it should of completely evaporated on the off chance it got into something electrical.

My guess if fuel delivery but I'm not sure how to test that since I know fuel CAN flow. I'm just not sure if it IS flowing.

Vid:

Login or Register to Remove Ads