Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 04-27-2023, 03:22 AM   #1

Exhaust help for my cabo 150 scooter

Hey everyone so I'm kinda struggling with my exhaust. So basically a while ago I parked my cabo scooter in a parking stall at my local Safeway grocery store, went in to get a few things. I paid for my items and returned to my scooter no longer in the stall I parked in but laying on its side up on the sidewalk a few feet in front of the stall I parked in. And a lady sitting in her car a few stalls over told me someone tried to speed into the stall where my scooter was parked probably not seeing my scooter between the 2 Suv's. She said the car was going way to fast to even be parking with or without my scooter there. But yeah they flew in hit my scooter hard enough to throw it up a curb onto its side. It was all scratched up and I thought it was the muffler or header pipe that was bent and rubbing my tire witch it was actually a little bit. But after replacing it with another brand new oem exhaust nothing was lining up to bolt the exhaust on. After further inspection I noticed that the back wheel was no longer centered and aligned with the front wheel, but it is cocked a little to the left. Idk if it's the motor mount thats bent or maybe the motor itself like the cvt casing or something. But neither matter anyway because lance discontinued the 150cc motor anyways so parts aren't available. I do know 1 thing though, and that's one exhaust just won't fit. So I returned the oem exhaust i bought, and tried to make use of what I had at my house. Awitch was a bent and scratched up exhaust system and a dirt bike muffler that was in my garage and some safety wire. I cut the damaged portion off the header pipe. And what I had left would look really stupid and not make much sense with the muffler in a weird position when mounted on the bike. But it gave me an idea. So I had to cut more off the header pipe. Anyways I now have a side dump pipe dragster kinda exhaust. It looks really cool but it's way to loud now. It was a lot quieter when I first put it on, but due to the header pipe being only 3 - 3.5 inches long from the flange to the muffler. The flames that shoot out of the muffler again look cool but it's also burning up all the fiber glass insulation inside my muffler and making it get louder and louder the more it's riden. I really like the side pipe idea it looks great and I want to keep it but how can I make it quieter? And add a little more back pressure? And hopefully reduce the flames? I was thinking about maybe adding a smaller pipe about a half inch long that fits inside the hole on the flange to ruduce the inner diameter to kinda choke the exhaust gas as it enters but then once it makes it through the little choked section it can flow out smoothly from there, but I have no idea if that would even work or not, but what ideas do you guys possibly have to help me with this problem?
2016 Lance Powersports - Cabo 150cc (My first scooter)

Login or Register to Remove Ads