Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 01-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3nry View Post
anyways, if all of us were not 100% sure of something and didnt say it just because it MIGHT cause an issue then there would be no progress.... noone would give you an idea or help you come up with ideas of what a problem could be..
sorry but that IS where the wealth of knowledge we have here comes from... giving our POSSIBLE ideas of what it could be and people that asked the question testing the THEORY
I know what you mean, but all too often I see threads in which a great deal of advice is from relatively mechanically inexperienced folks, which often only serves to further confuse, complicate and frustrate the poor, inexperienced dawg who's here looking for direction in the first place. The "blind leading the blind", so to speak.

Not all of the time, of course... but often enough that I tend to get frustrated in not having the time or energy (or specific experience with scooters, frankly) to post what beneficial advice I might have to help prevent the long, drawn-out trainwrecks that sometimes ensue.

I mean - it's a lot of fun to throw guesses out there while shootin' the bull around the forum campfire and all - but let's not forget that the noob who's here asking questions is likely taking the advice quite a bit more seriously than those of us who are giving it. Just a bit more caution would be a good thing, I suppose.

p.s. I like the new forum format - fast & slick. Good move, Admin!

Login or Register to Remove Ads