Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 06-08-2016, 10:20 PM   #1

Just bought genuine buddy 50

Hey gang I just bought a new genuine buddy 50. It goes ok and the fact it's a 2t is even better because it's got loads of torque and plenty of power up to a certain point. I get up to 45-50 ok but that's where it just seems like there's a rev limiter because it feels like it could do more, it wants to go faster but it just gets flat and you can't get any more out of her. The restrictors were removed from the variator and exhaust before I even put mile 1 on it. So, where on earth did they hide the CDI? Second question is about the carb. It seems like it runs a bit rich which I guess is ok but I'm left to wonder if I'm not too rich I can smell I burned fuel once in awhile and sometimes at shutdown I'll hear a muffled backfire. The trouble is I think the a/f mixture screw is covered so you can't adjust it. I'm guessing an aftermarket carb would be better. My third and final question involves all the EGR crap installed. How much difference would it make to remove it or would there really be any noticeable change? Generally I'd just leave well enough alone with a scoot that already runs fairly well but I just think this little bugger has a lot more room for performance

Login or Register to Remove Ads