Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 01-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #1

Pissed Helllllllllllp plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ok i have got a new wiring harness for my tank 50cc urban and the controls .

And im not geting any fire to the plug witch is new cdi work coil work so .?
It alsoi has a plug where the cdi is that my old harness did not have anyone know what plug there also idea help me troubleshoot plzzzzz

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #2

Check continuity to ground first before you begin to explore the rest. I am not real familar with that model or replacemeny harnesses.

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 01-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootnwinn View Post
Check continuity to ground first before you begin to explore the rest. I am not real familar with that model or replacemeny harnesses.
BINGO! Rob is correct..ANYTIME you mess with or change a wiring harness..check ALL grounds. Some harnesses...even if replacements for a specific scoot...may be wired different. Namely the frame and engine grounds. Should be one engine ground and one frame ground. But I have seen a few with 2-3 frame grounds..

Old 01-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #4

if the electric start is working , your engine ground is good . Remember your cdi on the green wire needs a ground also same with the coil . Pull the plug from the cdi and be sure the the green wire is fixed to ground all the time . Quick test put a test light or meter to the positive battery then touch the green if you get 12vdc or a light the green ground is good . Then check the black/white wire the same way , with the key in the off position the light should light , with the key on it should not . If that checks out , move on to the stator plug , 2 bullet connectors the black/red should be over 40vac while cranking , the blue one should be .5vac to 2.5vac while cranking .

Lets see above and we can go from there .

John
Old 01-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #5

thanks guys i will try that tom got to take a break getting too upset .

Old 01-28-2013, 04:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvnacman View Post
if the electric start is working , your engine ground is good . Remember your cdi on the green wire needs a ground also same with the coil . Pull the plug from the cdi and be sure the the green wire is fixed to ground all the time . Quick test put a test light or meter to the positive battery then touch the green if you get 12vdc or a light the green ground is good . Then check the black/white wire the same way , with the key in the off position the light should light , with the key on it should not . If that checks out , move on to the stator plug , 2 bullet connectors the black/red should be over 40vac while cranking , the blue one should be .5vac to 2.5vac while cranking .

John
hey i forgot to ask about the key switch i busted out a;ll there is is the back plastic part would that have anything too do with it .if so can i toggle switch it
Old 01-28-2013, 04:57 AM   #7

you bought a harness ? Buy a new key switch!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #8

i have spent All i can afford
Old 01-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #9

You have the option of wiring up an aftermarket switch. Thats what I did but I wouldnt recommend it. I would just make sure all your GREEN wires are grounded right and make sure that blue wire from the pickup module is connected.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:46 AM   #10

wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvnacman View Post

John
hey john lthe test light stays on on all grounds with switch on or off ???????
Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #11

help

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddethtray View Post
hey john lthe test light stays on on all grounds with switch on or off ???????
helppppppp meeeeee

Tags
help 50cc tank