Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 07-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by watcher64 View Post
Two wheels is two wheels ...

I have found the worst in my community is the people who think you are only riding a scooter because of a DUI or something like that ... I have "Other" reasons for riding my 50cc scoot .. Yet my scoot gets call a "dui ride" or a "dui scoot" more often than I care to admit, but that is 99% of the time by cagers, and not two wheelers ..

Just about every two wheeler I pass or talk to either waves or gives the thumbs up.

It is just people in general, they want to see bad reasons for everything they don't understand ...

And most people who ride two wheels on a regular bases, powered or un-powered , are a friendly group ...
Here in Virginia, it is against the law for people who have lost their license due to DUI to ride on a scooter. So, we don't have that going on here. Although, I have heard people comment that someone is riding a scooter because of losing their license, but they are not familiar with the law...and if they are doing so, they are breaking the law AGAIN!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinstar View Post
Here in Virginia, it is against the law for people who have lost their license due to DUI to ride on a scooter. So, we don't have that going on here. Although, I have heard people comment that someone is riding a scooter because of losing their license, but they are not familiar with the law...and if they are doing so, they are breaking the law AGAIN!
Yeah honestly I wish they would pass that in Indiana, gives people riding scooters for "other" reasons a bad rep ..

Here recently a guy beat a DUI charge on his scooter because , he did not need a license, and they are still considered "Motorized Bicycles", so he beat it down to public intoxication .. Still does not mean he was not a menace ..

On a funnier note, a guy beat a speeding ticket on his 50cc scoot, he was going 43 and they gave him a ticket, because the law says "Capable of 25 MPH on a flat surface", he made them define a flat surface, and the road he was on had a like a 9 degree decline .. LOL