Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 09-06-2023, 05:08 AM   #1

2011 Zuma 50 air filters

Hi, my zuma has the normal air filter (next to carb) and then there is a hose from that one to another on the tranny case. The one on the tranny case has a small replaceable element and a hose that looks like it goes somewhere, but I cant see where? Anyone got a pic they can share showing this connection and routing of the mystery hose?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-06-2023, 05:13 AM   #2

If this worked the hose in question is item#30.

I tried to embed an image, I dont see it so I tried to attach it.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2011 Zuma air filter 2.png (8.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-13-2023, 09:37 AM   #3

The hose should go from the air filter to the exhaust. It helps pump fresh air into the exhaust to heat the catalytic converter. Sometimes it'll come disconnected or gets removed during exhaust removal and not re-installed properly.

This happens also. People think that hose is a restriction device. I've seen dumb kids remove that hose and crimp the exhaust inlet it was connected to. Then they complain that the acceleration is flat. That's because the cat in the exhaust isn't flowing fee anymore, because the needed extra air is no longer coming into the system. Harsh lesson when you realize that even a used exhaust is $150 and up.

When that hose was found dangling did it affect anything? I've tuned the 2-stroke Zuma but we always installed a Tecnigas or Yasuni expansion exhaust and plugged of that air box hole.

Then again, I looked at your diagram and not I'm not so sure if we are looking at the same hose. Its been awhile since I've seen a Zuma (no longer mess with them) and no longer own any service manuals.

Login or Register to Remove Ads