Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 05-01-2014, 05:38 PM   #16

LOL! Yes, a soda can. It's collecting small quantities of oil and such from a few different tubes. I suspect most, if not all of it is unnecessary. What I THINK I can do is remove the valve cover and block off all the holes in it and then remove all the pieces that the hoses were attached to it. The only thing I'm not sure of is a tube that comes off the top of the gas tank and what to do with that.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertydude View Post
So it does sound like a fueling problem. I can almost guarantee you a full desmog plus the new fuel pump will fix the stalling problem.
This completely made my bike run like a Cadillac. Not one of the 80's Cadillac's, I'm talkin a post 2000 CTSV Cadillac. I think you'll figure the desmog out once you dig into it. It's pretty self explanatory honestly. If I recall you only have one vacuum line going to the charcoal canister. Remove that vacuum line and I think I put mine directly on my petcock. This leaves you with a fuel tank vent. Just vent to atmosphere with a fuel filter. I drilled a 3/8 hole and ran it out just before/ in front of my tail light and zip stripped it to the bottom of my book rack. It's not noticeable. The big hose on the valve cover gets capped/plugged. Then if I recall there is one more vacuum line that goes to the exhaust pipe crap. That get's capped. If I'm missing something somebody please jump in. It's been a few beers since my last DESMOG, but it was real easy. I do remember that. I went with all new US made hoses at the same time.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #18

I'm giving it a shot tomorrow morning. My intake manifold has 2 lines, one goes to a "T" fitting where one of the branches goes to the vacuum on the petcock and the other to the side of the carburetor. The other fitting on the intake manifold goes into a small cylinder attached to the frame. I'm presuming that this second one is for the smogger. So do I cap them both or just the one to the cylinder and leave the other?

Old 05-03-2014, 01:30 AM   #19

My friends was having a similar problem and the fuel tank was not venting properly. We were several miles from the house and he had to remove the gas cap till we got back. It was just a kinked vent line . But his was not on de acceleration so it might be different. It could be cogged pilot jet but that doesn't explain why it is fine on the kick stand
Old 05-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #20

I think I only have 3 vacuum lines left. The vacuum source comes from the intake tube before the carb, after the filter. It pulls vacuum on belt housing and rocker arm cover from a Tee. Then you have one from the carb vacuum port to the brass colored cap on the carb. That's your mainjet needle diaphragm. You gotta have that! The 3rd is a straight shot from Carb vacuum port to petcock valve. You have to have that. Everything else goes. Use original ports when you do it. For example if the left vacuum port comes up and Tee's into a bunch of crap but also feeds your petcock, remove all other crap and leave that port on your petcock. This is a constant manifold vacuum source. You need the timed manifold vacuum source for your needle diaphragm, so trace the one feeding the bronze cap. Trace it to the correct port. Go directly from that port brass cap. You're good. Also check out my other posts on here. I tried to put every thing that when wrong with my scoot and a corrective action on here. Some of them have feedback from other members but most were ignored. If they were ignored I took that as a thumbs up because people will jump all in your cool aid if they think you say something wrong. So no feedback was good I guess. I think my DESMOG is on here.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:49 PM   #21

Well... she's now been desmogged and the stalling problem has been pretty much eliminated. =) Just a clarification: Today, I have 2 vacuum fittings at the intake manifold. One is sealed and the other goes to a "T" with one outlet going to the vacuum valve on the petcock and the other goes to the carb (main jet needle diaphragm). Would it make a difference if I just took 1 vacuum outlet from the manifold and routed that to the carb and the other one to the petcock?