Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 09-21-2015, 10:17 PM   #1

2007 Honda Reflex Sport Windshield

Can I change the windshield on the sport to a taller windshield? The sport windshield is too short? Who can I purchase the taller one from?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-23-2015, 08:04 PM   #2

If not, you can get clip-on windshield extensions like this one.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/p...AQ&kpid=945995
Old 09-23-2015, 11:23 PM   #3

Yes. The standard taller windscreen will also fit. In fact, all the body plastics & the standard model rear wing and sport model chrome grab rail/passenger backrest are completely interchangeable. Used windscreens can sometimes be found for sale on ebay or you could get an OEM windscreen from a place like www.servicehonda.com but it's $182.11. The windscreen for the Jonway Reflex clone might fit... I don't know for sure, but it is advertised as a Honda Reflex replacement. Surely it would be cheaper than OEM, but so would a used OEM windscreen which I know for sure will fit.

I have the taller windscreen on my Sport models and basically gave away the shorty windscreens long time ago. I even use a rear wing in place of the chrome grab rail so I can hook up the single wheel trailer.

Everything is interchangeable between all years and all models of the Honda Reflex with these exceptions: 2004-2007 models use a larger output charging system so the stator, right crankcase cover and voltage regulator are not compatible with 2001-2003 models and vice versa. Not absolutely sure about the wiring harness between the two model year groups though. But probably not, since part#s don't match. Ditto for ABS model wiring harnesses.

ABS and non-ABS wiring harnesses are not interchangeable. Of course that includes some of the brake line plumbing as well since a non-ABS bike does not have the ABS modulator nor pulser rings on the wheels or speed sensors, electronics or ABS indicator light up in the gauges.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me

Login or Register to Remove Ads