Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #1

Used 2009 Roketa 54 250B - Should I Buy?

Hello everyone! I have been reading everything I can on these forums absorbing a lot of information in the last 2-3 days. I know someone with a 2009 Roketa 54-250B with about 5000 miles on it. The only thing that I know of that needs fixed immediately is both brakes, front and back; don't work. He's asking around $750 for it. I plan on doing a full PDI on it before I put it on the road with me riding it.

Would it be better to get this at this low price or would it just be better to get a brand new one (back order on multiple supplier websites)? It seems like I'd have to invest some money into the $750 one anyways and even a new one on valve stems, inline fuel filter, fuel hose, vacuum hoses, etc.

Also what's the turnover time for parts on this particular scooter? I know I can order parts directly from Roketa's website but with these being popular overseas and being on back order in the United States; I'm afraid it'd take 30-60 days just to get a part.

Sorry for the long post! I can afford either one currently. I may stop by today to snap some pictures but it's the black painted one. Thanks for reading!

Login or Register to Remove Ads