Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > Forum News, Support & Feedback

Old 01-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #31

Holy cow! What the heck happened here?? This has gone way too far and transmuted into a battle all it's own!

Yes Terry, I PERSONALLY CAN read your posts because I live with this syndrome! All I have to do is click and drag over it and all the letters turn WHITE, so NO I am not asking YOU to do ME a favor, thank you very much! I am quite used to it after all these years, but then again, I am also an expert computer user, unlike most people.

What I said was, "...So, probably 10% of the people on this forum will not see your posts if you use red or green." If you're good with that, so am I! I'm willing to bet most people would care less.

BTW! Thanks for that great compassionate advise! I think I'm going to run down to City Hall today and tell them how RUDE they are for asking me to have handicapped access to my business and bathrooms!

Trying to make the forum usable by 100% of the members instead of possibly 90% by making a SUGGESTION is not rude my dear -- However, calling someone who makes the [earnest suggestion] in kind rude, IS RUDE, especially when you have to type it two or three times in a row or make it 3" tall!

My personal reasons for being on hiatus for the last year are my business, not yours, and you have no right to critique my membership or the contributions I make to the forums... that's just plain rude!

I guess by your count of one post a year, I must be over 3,000 years old! Wait, let me check that math again!

-Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by BigGuy; 01-30-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by spandi View Post
Remind me never to buy a red or green scooter ever again. Btw Rich, I left a reply for you on the other site... and i'll keep my stuff strictly B&W. Thanks again!
I'm used to it, but thanks anyway! There are lots of colors one can use that don't distort to people like me other than red and green!

-Rich

Old 01-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito2 View Post
If that is true about Big Guy, then I would think he can speak for himself without your ..... Um.. help.

It would be best if everyone tries to keep this in mind for ALL responses to posts that they may take issue with:

It is OK to attack the IDEA presented in the message, but NOT the poster.

If you are not absolutely positive about something and don't know it as absolute fact, then say "I think that..." or
"maybe" or a similar thing or end each point in the response with "IMO" That way if you are wrong, then it was, after
all just a guess or an opinion.

If you would, please re-read the responder's message. You will see he was in fact merely opining.

And opinions are fine as long as they are not intentionally offensive or provocative in an inflammatory way.

just my 2 good sense
If that is true about Big Guy, then I would think he can speak for himself without your ..... Um.. help.

You don't read well, I said I visited with him last night. I can assure you that what I said was/is true, I know why he's been absent for so long and yes he can clarify it.

bAnd opinions are fine as long as they are not intentionally offensive or provocative in an inflammatory way.

Since I know why I found the opinion offensive provocative and inflammatory, that's why I voiced my opinion as to the contrary and asked the poster why he may such comments without knowing why and had to associate his being gone with some being rude.

He was basing his opinion on his own feelings about others being rude "IMO" so I asked him why and then we come up with the "oh I meant no harm and was just guessing?"

If you would, please re-read the responder's message. You will see he was in fact merely opining.

His opinion has no basis and is not true and that's not an opinion it's a fact. The man has been absent because of other issues and he'll tell you that's the case.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockynv View Post
Rich how did Hanks Green and Red emoticons at the very end of each of the first two line look to you?
Distorted silver blobs!

Here's a good example of what you see:

Click the Green button to continue,
the Yellow button if you need help,
or the Red button if you want to quit.

And here's what I see:

Here's a text example:

What I see:

Old 01-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #35

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrilee View Post
its not rude to ask others to accommodate you ?

oh ok sir im sorry sir, ill do whatever everyone else wants me to do,

not
im not a business that has to accommodate you, by law

do you ever ask anyone with lets say a wild child when u r in ur fav fast food joint to leave to accommodate your right to not all that noise

but u do think its all right to askme to change to accommodate you
thats double standards i think
Hi Terri
I love ya like family but your being quite arbitrary over the subject in question
He not asking on a whim or to be controlling but only to be considerate of those with a certain medical condition IE color blindness
Which affects 1 in 20 people btw
Please try to be little more understanding
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

Old 01-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuy View Post
Distorted silver blobs!

Here's a good example of what you see:

Click the Green button to continue,
the Yellow button if you need help,
or the Red button if you want to quit.

And here's what I see:

Here's a text example:

What I see:

Hey Rich what time you think you're getting off tonight? Good to talk to you my friend a little bit ago, don't work too hard.

JR
Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #37

BigGuy, great post! Not that I use colored text at all, but it was very interesting to see examples of how colorblind people see things.

No one here is 'forcing' anyone to use certain colors, it was merely a suggestion, that ultimately would be helping certain membrs out. Is that what a forum is all about anyway? You should want your info to be seen as clearly as can be, for as many people as possible.

But again, your choice.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootnwinn View Post
Remember this thread when you pick your riding gear...
Yes Sir! The NTSB requires that reflective vests are ORANGE for exactly this reason! Same with all construction signs. They used to be yellow and red years ago.

The only signs that haven't changed in the US to accommodate color blindness are Interstate and Stop/Wrong Way signs. Interstate signs are no problem because they are green with white letters, but Stop signs are different. They are all red with white letters, and while the red washes out silver for me, the white letters are still glaring, especially at night!

But really, the color of your scooter doesn't matter... if you buy a red one, it looks just like a silver one to me -- a green one is a yellowish color, etc. It's not like they disappear! :-)

-Rich

Old 01-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrryan View Post
Hey Rich what time you think you're getting off tonight? Good to talk to you my friend a little bit ago, don't work too hard.
JR
I'm going to be busy all day... I'll call you tomorrow Jack.

-Rich

Old 01-30-2013, 03:13 PM   #40

Quote:
Yes Sir! The NTSB requires that reflective vests are ORANGE for exactly this reason! Same with all construction signs. They used to be yellow and red years ago.

The only signs that haven't changed in the US to accommodate color blindness are Interstate and Stop/Wrong Way signs. Interstate signs are no problem because they are green with white letters, but Stop signs are different. They are all red with white letters, and while the red washes out silver for me, the white letters are still glaring, especially at night!

But really, the color of your scooter doesn't matter... if you buy a red one, it looks just like a silver one to me -- a green one is a yellowish color, etc. It's not like they disappear! :-)

-Rich
Most of them have lights too. I'm sure that helps. This is helpful insight as I ride a bicycle with out lights. I pick my jerseys carefully. How is the Hi-Viz green for you??

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 01-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #41

The green vests are awesome! Bright and glowing to me!

-Rich

Old 01-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #42

Thumbs Up

Sweet! my jacket is Hi-Viz green nice to know I'm being seen. I'm looking at a Hi-Viz Helmet next... If my wife lets me

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #43

Quote:

-Rich
Oh good. For a minute there I thought I had to replace my green safety vests (3) that light up too.

Last edited by spandi; 01-30-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: icon mistake
Old 01-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #44

Another good example and in a very cute video: http://kidshealth.org/kid/talk/qa/color_blind.html
50cc 139QMB, 7g sliders, manual petcock w/ transparent lines, Naraku CDI, Naraku belt, high output racing coil, 18.4mm CVK clone w/ #85 mj and #38 idle, needle @ leanest, OEM pipe mod, Kenda tires, NGK Iridium, lots of LED mods, 2.61L/100km (90 MPG)
Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #45

From 30+ years in the Medical field...I will say that yes about 10% of the population is Red/Green color blind. This rarely if EVER occurs in females. Now I will interject a bit of my Native American teachings that are Wildlife Biology supported. In nature you will notice most female animals are well camouflaged decorated in earth tones..this helps them blend in and guard their offspring....while the male of the species is very colorful. For example Pheasant,Ducks,Partridge,Hawks,Eagles,Song birds and the list goes on...with the exception of Deer,Bear,Felines and a few others whose offspring are born with an earth blending color for protection. In the case of Bears, Felines and several others..they need not be of an earth blending color for they are the very predators at the top of the food chain. The males of most species need not complete color vision as they themselves are the brightly colored ones...whose colors and mating ritual is what attracts the female for breeding purposes. While at a greater risk by being so colorful it does not upset the balance of nature as one male can mate with several females producing plenty of broods of offspring.(Gee sounds like something we see on the Maury Povich show huh?) Should his bright colors keep him from concealment and an easy target for predators...it does not matter for another male can replace him in the reproductive cycle. Oddly human males are not of bright colors...but then again we are also at the top of the predator/food chain. How does this apply to the OP and all other posts on it...not really sure. I am just a plethora of trivial crap as my gf tells me. But that is because I do my best to view things from another perspective..satisfy my curiosity and try my best to understand the nature of animals and humans. Hence my name..Yayiima benatigee...meaning in touch with nature or blends with nature. There will be no homework for tonight's biology lesson..however you will now be more aware of...the colors of human and animal nature.