Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > The Ride > ScootDawg Rally Info

Old 04-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #1

virtual rally anyone?

I was thinking it might be fun to have a virtual rally. We earn points for getting pictures of our scooters at various locations.

For example? Well we might earn 2 points for getting a photo of our scooter in front of city hall. But we earn 10 points for getting a picture of our scooter in front of a national landmark.

We can pick a time period, create some rally cards and go from there. I know that some of us are in the US, others in Canada and a few more in the Philippines...so we would have to pick things that are unusual but common enough for all.

Also since many of us ride smaller cc bikes we have to take distance into consideration as well.

Challenging....yes. Fun....possibly. ....yes.

So what you think? Winner gets an all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas, New Mexico (Houndguy and Scoot Dawg forums want to make perfectly clear that the trip is not an actual prize).

Ideas?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #2

Sounds like fun!!!

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=66...tion=USA&add=1

Old 04-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #3

That would be interesting and fun! It would interesting to see what crazy locations some people would post their scooters at. For Canadian members would the landmarks have to be recognizable to American members? How many Canadian landmarks are Americans familiar with?

Old 04-19-2014, 09:36 AM   #4

That would be your job to tell us about your landmarks, mamascoot. Where in Canada are you talking about?

Old 04-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #5

Niagara Falls is pretty familiar to Canadians and Americans.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #6

Hi
Sounds fun im in
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Old 04-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #7

I've been away this week and don't have access to a computer. I'm thinking Universal things with some more challenging things being work more points.

For example: a fire hall would be worth 2 points. They are common enough that everyone should be able to ride to it. City Halls would be common enough as well.

I am thinking some National park or Monument would be acceptable if it can be found on the internet. So someone in a foreign country should be able to make sure I'm...err...an American...err...anyone is not cheating. :P These would be worth more points...like 10.

So suggestions?

National parks or State Parks - 10 points
Firehouse/Police Stations - 2 points.
Professional Stadiums - 10 points (any sport acceptable)

Any others?
Old 04-20-2014, 10:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndguy View Post
I've been away this week and don't have access to a computer. I'm thinking Universal things with some more challenging things being work more points.

For example: a fire hall would be worth 2 points. They are common enough that everyone should be able to ride to it. City Halls would be common enough as well.

I am thinking some National park or Monument would be acceptable if it can be found on the internet. So someone in a foreign country should be able to make sure I'm...err...an American...err...anyone is not cheating. :P These would be worth more points...like 10.

So suggestions?

National parks or State Parks - 10 points
Firehouse/Police Stations - 2 points.
Professional Stadiums - 10 points (any sport acceptable)

Any others?
Hi
What about museums college campus airports or train stations lakes or rivers famous landmarks specific to your location
If you think about it theres endless possibilities
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Youirs Hank
Old 04-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #9

...Even your town's famous landmark. Then you could enlighten us all on why it's renown...

Old 04-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #10

Thumbs Up

Exactly! These are the examples I'm looking for. So let's get some more, some dates, and some rally cards designed. Bragging rights are on the line.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #11

Sorry everyone. I was on vacation and then spent the last week or so in training. I would still like to try to organize something but right now the timing is just falling apart.

Another time, another place.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:31 AM   #12

I've been riding on permits for the past couple of years, and just completed the BRC. Now that I can ride anywhere in the USA, I got a trip to Hickory NC and one to Mansfield Ohio in July planned.
I'll try and snap a few pics when on them.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #13

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapeto View Post
I've been riding on permits for the past couple of years, and just completed the BRC. Now that I can ride anywhere in the USA, I got a trip to Hickory NC and one to Mansfield Ohio in July planned.
I'll try and snap a few pics when on them.
Hi
Outstanding
That's marvelous news congratulations
Take care and ride safely dearest friend
Yours Hank
Old 05-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #14

Here, let me post a monument. This is on the site formerly occupied by the Deposit, NY train station. Years ago Connrail demolished it before the town could act to save it. The Erie railroad between New York and Lake Erie originated from here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erie_Railroad

At the beginning the plaque reads "Here on the morning of November 7th 1835 Ground was broken for the construction of the Erie Railroad designed to connect the Atlantic Ocean with the Great Lakes."
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:10 PM   #15

If I may present another idea. Another site once suggested that on a certain date everyone should go out on a ride with their scooters, take pictures and tell about it. It was called the Virtual Group Ride. The idea being that everyone would be riding on that day as a virtual group and enjoying the day.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.