Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > The Ride > ScootDawg Rally Info

Old 12-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #46

I've been all the way over to the Catskills (North/South Lake campground, Palenville NY) from here in Michigan on my Honda Reflex pulling a single wheel trailer, so Finger Lakes is a lot closer..... a piece of cake to ride. (for me anyway) Been as far west as my toes just into OK while on a Scoot The Ozarks rally ride. Up just over the bridge in northern part of lower MI and down into TN. And gave it a pick up ride down to FL for New Years camping/riding. Just about anywhere sounds fine to me. Even multiple locations as long as the times didn't over lap or were too close together to get from one place to another in time.

NY was absolutely gorgeous though. Of course it is fairly flat ground here in these parts of southeast MI.
Also been to the Steel Steeds MC campground in Lewisburg, PA with the Maxi-Scoot group.
http://www.steelsteedscamp.com/
On one ride we went 75 miles or so south to Hershey Chocolate world. Might be a bit too much of a trip for 50cc bikes. Just adding an idea, though the count seems to be near 10 so far for NY which is fine.

Is there a time when a decision is going to be made?..... If at all? I am interested in a gathering too.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by bandito2; 12-15-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #47

[On one ride we went 75 miles or so south to Hershey Chocolate world. ]

I'm about 25-30 miles from Hershey Park. A bit farther if you want to stay off the superslabs, and wind through the countryside to York.

Love the trailer!!
Old 12-27-2013, 01:42 AM   #48

I will have the whole family in the oscars next summer. That place is great. Plenty of camp grounds and activities for a little rally. If not and anyone is close we can a mini meetup. Kinda cool to have a handshake and cold beer with someone from 3k miles away!! Just my .02

Old 12-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunN View Post
I will have the whole family in the oscars next summer. That place is great. Plenty of camp grounds and activities for a little rally. If not and anyone is close we can a mini meetup. Kinda cool to have a handshake and cold beer with someone from 3k miles away!! Just my .02
I'd like to make it out west sometime on one or another of my scooters one of these days. Long way to go for a beer but one would tend to have a thirst after such a long ride.
Wouldn't mind touching base with a few characters out that way.
And thank you for your service.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #50

I'd be interested in a scooter meet. Keep me informed. Jeff B.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #51

Well I'm an hour from Tampa (Busch Gardens and the Gulf Coast beaches) and an hour and a half from Orlando (Home of the mouse). It's warm in the winter and freaking hot in the summer but we have year round riding.

I think I could talk the GF into having several hundred house guests for a weekend. The old people in my community will love have a bunch of scooter trash about!

I'm up for it too.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #52

Hahahaha! I used to ride my bike with straight pipes into the subdivision of elderly people to visit my parents in Zephyrhills. You can imagine the stares I got riding thru those lanes when I was wearing my black leathers...
Old 01-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #53

Oh I meant ozarks!! And you all are welcome.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunN View Post
Oh I meant ozarks!! And you all are welcome.
A couple of my scooting pals and myself will be making the trip from here in S.E. Michigan to the Scoot The Ozarks Rally in Eureka Springs. (Sept. 10-13 2014)
I may make a camping trip of it. (or maybe share the hotel room with the other guys instead... pretty cheap that way..... may just have to put up with uvula sonics and nocturnal flatulation though )
http://scoottheozarks.proboards.com/

I'll then go to Steelville MO. for camping with the Maxi-Scoots group meet up for sure (Sept 18-21 2014) before going back to MI.
http://maxi-scoots.com/scoot/index.php

So I'll be in the Ozarks neighborhood then for a couple weeks in September.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:26 AM   #55
Banned

if there is ever a meet up in miami, count me in for sure
Old 03-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #56

Keep me posted, if I am available I will definitely make it. I live in the buffalo NY area.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest_3 View Post
For next summer. . . .

If we get enough members that say..... Yes, We want one.

It just might happen. We got all winter to plan one.
Well? It's getting to be next summer already. Doesn't look like the idea has gone much further than being just an idea.

I'm still going to do some "scamping" (scooter camping) this summer. IBMC international meet Gratiot WI June 24-26 --- AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days Mansfield OH July 11-13 ---MotoCampers Northwoods IV Interlochen MI August 1-3 --- Scoot the Ozarks rally Eureka Springs AR Sept. 10-13 --- Maxi-Scoot meet up Steelville MO Sept. 17-21

I might get some other trips in the between times. Still intend on getting out west sometime, but may not happen til next year. And I'd really like to get back to NY and PA area for camping too. The mountains are stunningly beautiful and there are some folks further east closer to the big cities that I'd like to meet as well.

I've often found that things done by committee seldom actually get done. The way for for something to have a better chance of happening at all would be first to do an inquiry of WHO would be WILLING to host an event and where. Then do a poll finding out of when folks think it should be held. Then a willing host would decide the date and place to best accommodate him or her self and the rest as they saw fit. People will either make it there ... or not, but at least it will happen. Of course it's OK to ask for help with it and to ask who will be coming so as to be able to make accommodation suggestions &/or arrangements and to know how much food will be needed if they intend on feeding folks. (at least partially, for one meal at least)

I have already done a couple very small events with some friends/local riders, but I'm trying to work my way up gradually.

If you want it to happen, just do it..........make it so......
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.

Last edited by bandito2; 06-11-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #58

This is my year to pile on some highway miles, to get over my unrational fear, that my 250 dont have the same rights as any big motor motorist.
We are licensed, tagged, titled, and inspected just like any and all the rest out there.
Why should I allow others to make me feel less worthy of being on the roads with them?
I'll not be on the Turnpikes as I can not hold 70mph when climbing hills.

However, now that I'm searching routes (flopping between Google Earth/maps) to go from York PA to Hickory NC, I'm finding yesteryears pikes, hyways, and parkways, that I'm getting really excited about running on, just to see whats out there.

great post bandito2!!

Whats funny, a site dont need to be big, just have dedicated folks that go there, heck look at modern vespa, the SCB's and all. Members got to participate for stuff to happen.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:25 PM   #59

as a further thought we will all need to be informed of the regulations wherever we go because some states require motorcycle licenses, some require anything above 50cc to be registered some require any scoot be registered, some areas even have regulations pertaining to amassing large quantities of any particular type of vehicle. Just pointing out some of the other things that may affect the location picked
Old 08-14-2015, 01:59 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
Hi
I would be willing to attend but i only have a 50cc scoot at the present so riding her between states would be a challenge and the further away the rally is from my home state could make it hard
I guess i could take the Indian but then i wouldn't be on a proper scoot per se
Take care and ride safely my friends
Yours Hank
My 2006 Sportster 1200 w/trike kit probably wouldn't qualify either! I'd have to carry so much Diabetic & pill stuff that I probably couldn't go anyway! Irish