Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 05-18-2017, 04:04 PM   #1

New York scooters from southern tier.

I want to take my scooter back to Bradford for service. That means I must travel on rt 219 from the NY border into Pennsylvania. Not very far..3-4 miles. Rt 219 is not listed as an interstate highway, although it is at some points divided..can I legally run my class B Roughhouse on that road? Have you travelled that road?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-20-2017, 07:42 AM   #2

I've run it many, many times in a tractor-trailer.....never on a scooter. It is not a limited access highway until you reach Bradford, so you should be ok (at least legally), to that point anyway. Check with Map Quest, or Google Maps for local roads, such as N Main Street in Limestone, that would get you off of 219 a bit sooner. There is another local road just west of 219, runs along the west bank of the river from I-86 to Bradford. You'll have to zoom in on one of the above mentioned maps, to see these roads and plan a route.

I'd better qualify the first part of my post. I've been retired for 7 and a half years, and haven't traveled 219 since that time. Things can change, but the map I looked at showed at grade intersections.....hence my statement that it is not limited access, and therefore not restricted.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:24 AM   #3

Thanks RKS, No rt 219 is not limited access, since there are business places located directly on 219. I have noticed that there are some roads off 29 even before Limestone. There seems to be an Irvine Mills Road to the right just south of the river, which connects to Parkside, which runs direct south to Bradford. My dealer is on Parkside, just north of the city proper, perhaps I can take that road..
Again, thanks !

Login or Register to Remove Ads