Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 05-12-2017, 08:54 AM   #1

Michelin Bopper

I am researching tires for my Honda Zoomer clone. I see good reviews on ScootDawg for the Michelin Bopper. I looked around and the best price for these I found is $48 including tax and shipping at Amazon. These are 120/70 12" which is the same tire Honda shipped with according to what I have read.

Any body know a better source (better price) for them. Also any comments about better tires for a similar price?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #2

I haven't had any experience with the Bopper, but over the years, I've found Michelin products to be top notch, on all types of vehicles. Currently have Michelin City Grips on my scoot....very satisfied with them. Scoot came with 120/70-12's.....now running 110/90-12 on both front and rear, just because I prefer a higher profile tire, and the fact that the City Grip 110/90 has a much higher load rating than the same tire in a 120/70 size

The price you found sounds pretty good to me. I paid a couple of dollars more than that, for the 110/90-12, shipped....but that was back in 2015.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I haven't had any experience with the Bopper, but over the years, I've found Michelin products to be top notch, on all types of vehicles. Currently have Michelin City Grips on my scoot....very satisfied with them. Scoot came with 120/70-12's.....now running 110/90-12 on both front and rear, just because I prefer a higher profile tire, and the fact that the City Grip 110/90 has a much higher load rating than the same tire in a 120/70 size

The price you found sounds pretty good to me. I paid a couple of dollars more than that, for the 110/90-12, shipped....but that was back in 2015.

I can get City Grips for just $2 more and Pirelli SL-26 which I would prefer for just $5 more. There is a big difference in tread design between all three. I like the slick look of the Boppers and would go that way if I heard some good feedback on those.

For newbys; hover on the thumbnails for details and click for a larger photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bopper.jpg (63.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Michelin City Grip.jpg (27.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Pirelli SL 26.jpg (27.7 KB, 2 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Ozo; 05-16-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:34 PM   #4

The bopper doesnt look well suited for wet weather.