Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 04-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #1

Scooter Leaking fuel from the carb vent?

My scooter has been sitting for a few months and I am trying to revive it, but upont trying to start it, it, 1. wont start after sever seconds of cranking, 2 once started leaks gas everywhere and runs rough. my larges questions is where to begin with this because i swapped it with another carb i had on hand an it did the same thing. Is it purely a coincidence that they have the same issue or is something else wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized_20170427_191156.jpg (10.8 KB, 4 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-29-2017, 07:49 AM   #2

If both are leaking, over flowing, flooding engine....both are faulty. Sheet can them. Plenty of new ones available, shipped to your house, for less than $25.

Don't forget to drain your crankcase......it's probably 50% gasoline.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:46 PM   #3

Sounds like old gas gummed up the needle and seat of the carburetor causing it to "flood". You might drain the old gas and put in fresh gas, remove the fuel line from the carb and give it a few shots of carb cleaner into the fuel inlet then hook up the gas line and get it running again. If that doesn't work remove the carb take it apart and clean it up, the needle and set and especially the jets. And if all that fails ... a new carburetor. Check your fuel lines, filter and petcock while you're at it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-29-2017, 01:33 PM   #4

I can't say enough times how much difference fresh fuel makes! I have seen bikes that wouldn't start , start by just putting fresh gas in. That goes for everything-lawnmowers , chainsaws , etc. Irish