Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 01-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #61

2 cups at Subway in the morning. Then a pinch or two 3 or 4 times a day inside my lower lip like Snus. Something to chew on,and the taste stays with you! Try it you will like it!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-31-2013, 04:52 AM   #62

At work we have a boiling water dispenser in the break room so I grind up a ziplock bag of enough Mayorgan Been for the work day to take with me and use a Melitta Pour Over brew basket on my own larger cup to brew fresh a cup at a time.

https://shoponline.melitta.com/produ...COFFMKRSPROVER

Melitta has a distrubution center right here in Tampa Bay where they manufacture their filters and have an open house every now and then where you can walk in off the street and purchase direct at a heavy discount.

Last edited by rockynv; 01-31-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:01 AM   #63

Starting my MSF course this morning...Bringing my own freshly brewed Honduras coffee in a thermos....

I'm spoiled,

Old 02-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #64

im very lucky,i grew up in a french family so ive been drinking coffee everyday since i was 11. and now im lucky enough to be a barrister in the best cafe in town. coffee all day everyday.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by theemptythrone View Post
im very lucky,i grew up in a french family so ive been drinking coffee everyday since i was 11. and now im lucky enough to be a barrister in the best cafe in town. coffee all day everyday.
They didn't understand Itallian culture where I grew up and would not allow my thermos of coffee in the first grade. They insisted it would stunt my growth and leave me puney. By 3rd grade I was wearing mens clothing sizes and by 6th grade I was being mistaken for a teacher.

Good thing I didn't bring it with brandy in the winter for a little extra warmth.

I grew up to be the 6' tall 210 lb size 44 13 year old student they would used as a sparing partner when the military came in to do an martial arts exhibition. Dear old Dad had already passed on his Army Ranger training which would frustrate the hot-shots that came in from the Reserves. Dad said see where they are aiming and don't be there. Why be dumb and wait for them to kick you upside the head. Be polite and step aside always helping them on their way too.

Dad was a coffee drinker too.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #66

Hi
The ultimate machine for coffee and high performance vehicle lovers

espresso-veloce-v12-xl by inuyasha50, on Flickr
For more info
http://www.espressoveloce.com/
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Old 02-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #67
Banned

coffee addict here but i try not to drink to late at nite so i can sleep
Old 02-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #68

After 8 cups a day for well over 40 years, I quit Jan. 1, hoping I'd feel better. Haven't felt better yet, tho...

My wife now has me drinking 2 cups of carrot juice a day. Not quite the same kick as coffee, tastes real bad, and still not feeling better....
Old 02-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpdog View Post
After 8 cups a day for well over 40 years, I quit Jan. 1, hoping I'd feel better. Haven't felt better yet, tho...

My wife now has me drinking 2 cups of carrot juice a day. Not quite the same kick as coffee, tastes real bad, and still not feeling better....
Hi
Recent studies have shown coffee to be quite beneficial to our health and well being
http://authoritynutrition.com/top-13...its-of-coffee/
Take care and ride safely my friend
Yours Hank
Old 02-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #70

Yea, I try telling her that all the time. It doesn't help.
Carrot Juice, anyone? Please????
Old 02-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #71

I drink coffee, as it's a very healthy drink,AND, I love my morning veg/juice drink.
I use a small handful of baby kale, couple of ounces of a combination of tart cherry juice/aleovera juice, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder,half of an apple, a dozen grapes, a few chunks of frozen pineapple, 1 TBLS of chia seeds,fill the nutribullet cup with water to the max line, spin it for 20-30 seconds, and whamo, a delicious drink, for swallowing my vitamins and suppliments, that keeps me full until lunch time.
I got a Vitamix, when my folks passed away a few years ago, and it worked just fine for us.
We got a NutriBullet from a friend for Christmas and wow what a great juice maker it is.

It's processed foods that are *crack* to our bodies, if you will.
They rob you of nutrition, and make you feel a constant state of hunger.
Eat better, live to ride longer!!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #72

I'm slowly getting into that mode, but I sure miss my old stuff I ate. I can't remember the last brats I ate...
Old 02-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #73

I'm allowed 2 cups of joe a day.

My wife does health care for a living and everything I want She says its gonna kill me.. WTF !!

At 57 I'm gonna die sooner or later, So let me have my junk food goodies.

PS, I'm sitting here eating carrots & celery sticks that She thought I needed.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #74

Hey gimpdog,
[I'm slowly getting into that mode,]
Since both my folks was from North Carolina, I know how good the food is!!
However good tasting and good health are usually miles apart from each other.

I started by dropping off the sodas, the purchased teas, then the white bread for grained. Dropped all worthless carbohydrates.
I dropped off 3/4's of the red meat we ate, increased intake of fish, fowl, vegtables, a wider variety of grains, legumes, reduced my egg intake, but I'll not give them up.

Started walking more, started to really work our small garden, weeding and all!!
I stared walking dogs at the SPCA, and just love doing that.
My wife went from a cabinet full of nonsense cold remedies, nasal sprays, pain relievers, decongestents, allergy crap, that was never needed, never was useful.

In a short while we both dropped 50+ pounds, and still on the reduceing side.
We don't get colds, or the flu, or sore throats, nor coughs, all simply due to knowing what vitamins and suppliments to take.
We get regular blood tests to chart our numbers to get them to optimum levels.

I avoid the AMA doctors and their nutrient babble, as much as possible. Their prime directive, get you on a *petroleum based chemical* as quickly as possible.
As once there, you'll need another one to fight the side effects. Then another to counteract the side effects of that one, and on and on.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #75

Yeah, I know the drill w/ pills and meds. I was taking 19 different perscription meds 2xs a day at one time, mainly for DB and mostly for pain. Am slowly reducing that amount...