Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 07-31-2015, 08:39 AM   #1

Aftermarket Exhaust Clearance Issues

Hi all, I am hoping someone might be able to either lead me to a fix, or to an exhaust with better clearance. My Fly Scooter-il Bello 50cc (85cc) previously had an aluminum aftermarket exhaust that broke apart, failed at the flange to the pipe and fell off. I replaced that with one I found online (Stainless Steel Exhaust - Amazon). Everything has seemed fine for awhile however I did start noticing a sound when hitting hard bumps coming from the back. Finally realized that the angle of the muffler causes it to stick up way too far and it is interfering with the body under load. Not only that, but the heat from the exhaust is slowly melting the body panel . Does anybody know of a system for the GY6 139qmb that is more horizontal than angled up? I am contemplating trying to bend the pipe but not to sure how that will turn out...

You can kind of see it here..

Help is appreciated!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-31-2015, 07:35 PM   #2

Have you thought of going back to an OEM type exhaust system? Not going to be as shiney.....but won't be melting your body parts.

Your scoot is identicle to many other brand names....here is one:

http://countyimports.com/inc/sdetail...---/1086/33193

This is branded a CMS Classic, sold thru County Imports.....claim to have 60,000 parts on hand.
As I said, many others sell these under different names.....all it would take is a bit of "google time" to find some more.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:25 PM   #3

I've got the stock exhaust still, I'm just worried about choking the motor. It's an 85cc with a cam big valve head big carb and just about everything. I had the stock exhaust on for a bit when the other broke and kinda sucks. Trying not to loose any more power. It's a heavy scooter so I need everything I can get, but I guess I have to compromise somewhere.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:53 AM   #4

I've never owned a 50cc scooter, so I am no expert.
That being said, I do know that the gasket, that goes between the head and the flange on the exhaust pipe, is advertised (by some sellers) as fitting both the 139 and 157 gy6's. Also the exhaust outlet on the 150's muffler can't be more than 1/2" in diameter. So there shouldn't be a nickles worth of difference in the 50cc and 150cc stock exhaust systems.

My 150 runs fine with the original exhaust system, even though I put a K&N cone filter, and rejetted to a 115 main, over 3 years ago.

Maybe someone who has both a 50cc and a 150cc, will enlighten me as to the difference in the two systems. Til then, I can't se why an 85 cc engine would be held back too much running a stock system.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:16 AM   #5

When I replaced the OEM Honda exhaust gasket, with a silver bullet, I chucked up a round carbon cutter, and enlarged the inside diameter of my exhaust pipe, where it connects to the exhaust port at, by maybe an 1/8th of an inch or more, just cleaning up the weld bead.
It was not a bad weld, just way more then needed as it's welded on both sides.

Tags
139qmb, aftermarket, clearance, exhaust, gy6