Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2016, 01:47 PM   #1

Brand new paperweight

Hey guys new to the forum.
So the wife wanted a scooter so she didn't have to ride on the back of my motorcycle.
Started searching online and ended up buying a new one from a place in California. It's a Dongfang stg200. When it arrived I unpacked and started to assemble it. It came with the wrong owners manual one to a go-cart and no assembly instructions what so ever. I managed to figure it out okay and she was ready to ride.
The speedometer quit working after 64 miles. It ran great for about three weeks than suddenly died leaving her stranded. It starts and idols fine but whenever you give it gas it starts reving slightly than dies.
I figured a fuel problem so I replaced the fuel filter no help. I called the place I bought it from they said it sounded like the carburetor so they sent me a new one. I put it on but it didn't change a thing. Called them back they told me to spray out the fuel pump with carburetor cleaner. That didn't help ether. Now their telling me to take it to a shop but I live in a small town we only have four bike repair shops here and none of them will work on it because they never heard of the brand name.
I am out of ideals what to do. its been about two months. Its just taking up space now. Any ideals will be appreciated thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads