Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 01-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvnacman View Post
do you choke your chicken on the farm ? ha ha!

I could not resist .

sorry if I hurt your feelings ol MCdonald

John

I don't think you are sorry you seemed to enjoy that. We don't eat these chickens only their unborn young, so no chicken choking out here we leave the chicken choking to you city slickers...

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #32

please don't be offended , the little kid inside came out . I had a good laugh when I posted it . If your in here you can't be thin skined .

Read some of my posts there are a lot of undertones in them .

for example how to check check a fuel vac valve .

John
Old 01-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #33

WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvnacman View Post
do you choke your chicken on the farm ? ha ha!

I could not resist .

sorry if I hurt your feelings ol MCdonald

John
Hi John

Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #34

I took it well I was just ribbin you back (you really aren't sorry and shouldn't have to be for joking around). I do think you need to speak with your significant other about your need for certain things so just the mentioning of chicken doesn't make you think of pleasuring yourself.

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 01-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #35

WTF

I put a little (and sometimes too much) Oh heck who am i kiddin.. I load up my java with this.

And if all we have is DE-caff..
NOT me.. i'll be up and just as productive as the rest of them nap timers.

--------------------------
2009 Jonway 50 4t

Old 01-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #36

Decaf coffee is pointless its just hot dirty water

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 01-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno711 View Post
I was all excited this morning when I opened my coffee from the mountains of Honduras.
A one pound bag was 10.99...plus shipping.Honestly speaking, I couldn't tell the difference between the 1 pound bag 100% Colombian coffee I buy under a local store brand name and paid $4.50 for it, and the coffee from Honduras. Don't get me wrong, they are both delicious..I just couldn't tell the difference.

I'm probably just not sophisticated enough....Once I become sophisticated, then I'll be able to taste the different for sure!! ;-)
Many times they may actually be the same grade coffee. A store brand Columbian coffee and the "Designer Label" Columbian coffee selling next to it for double the price may actually be the same coffee with the only difference being the packaging. Most fancy packaged coffees are not grown on any one particular farm either. The beans are bought and sold as commodities from a broker or an alliance and can be from a variety of sources even from bag to bag of the same brand.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #38

Thanks Rock,

I'm drinking my Honduras coffee as I type. It's very smooth.

You know I am willing to pay extra for things, but, I have to be able to perceive there is a difference in quality for paying the extra money. So far I can't distinguish any difference that motivates me to spend more than 3x's for a bag (when shipping is included) of coffee that has my name printed on the cover....You want to talk about marketing! I rather do without the bag with my name on it, and get three times the coffee with the same wonderful taste.

Just sayin
Old 01-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #39

WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertydude View Post
When you're sophisticated only the finest coffee picked from endangered animal poop will do!!
It really makes me wonder why someone decided to do this in the first place?

I can only come up with one possible explanation ....

An elephant accidentally got his nose into a bunch of coffee beans and ate them.

I have a hunch it was someone who sells coffee beans for a living. He had an elephant on his
property, which is not all that unusual in certain parts of the world. This coffee person
realized and became very upset after he noticed one of the elephants ate a bunch of coffee beans.

He realized how much money he lost...so he came up with a plan to get his money back.

He was just going to wait 24 hours or so and then position himself with a bucket behind the elephant.

He probably thought to clean them off at first, but then a huge idea, a light bulb moment went off in his head.....Elephants are revered in that part of the world. They're a very special animal. What a great idea it would to be to sell coffee beans that have been "blessed" by the revered elephant!

BINGO!

I'm sure its a delicacy to people in that culture.

YUK!!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #40

Yuck is right!

I'll take my regular percolated coffee.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #41

I'll give you another "yuck"

Went to church this morning and had some of the coffee that I've been drinking there for years..Folgers....What a difference! I couldn't believe I'd been drinking that for years and actually liking it! lol

I suppose I never really knew what good coffee is suppose to taste like, until I tried freshly grounded French Press.... There's a big difference.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #42

Quote:

Went to church this morning and had some of the coffee that I've been drinking there for years..Folgers....What a difference! I couldn't believe I'd been drinking that for years and actually liking it! lol

I suppose I never really knew what good coffee is suppose to taste like, until I tried freshly grounded French Press.... There's a big difference.
A good cup of Espresso with it own Creama from being shot out under pressure is another special joy too.

Tried Folgers once and had to wonder if it was actually coffee.

Another treat is to visit an Arabic family for Ahuey Arabie. Can be a social event where you site around for an hour chatting while passing around a brass coffee grinder that looks like a big pepper mill with everyone taking turns spinning the crank grinding up the beans fine like baby powder. The the grinder goes of to the kitchen and emptied into a special pot where the grounds and the water are combined and brewed on the stove. No filters and everyone gets some of the grounds in their cup. Drink it black or add some Lebanese Arrack.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockynv View Post
A good cup of Espresso with it own Creama from being shot out under pressure is another special joy too.

Tried Folgers once and had to wonder if it was actually coffee.

Another treat is to visit an Arabic family for Ahuey Arabie. Can be a social event where you site around for an hour chatting while passing around a brass coffee grinder that looks like a big pepper mill with everyone taking turns spinning the crank grinding up the beans fine like baby powder. The the grinder goes of to the kitchen and emptied into a special pot where the grounds and the water are combined and brewed on the stove. No filters and everyone gets some of the grounds in their cup. Drink it black or add some Lebanese Arrack.
Rocky....I see that you're really into this. I came across this video, and it's inspiring me to give it a try. I can see doing it for a special treats.

Also if I had to do it again, I wished I'd come across his Burr Grinder rather than the Bodum I purchased. There's not so much noise in the morning, and it's not as expensive.

[youtube]_7DPugzqt7o[/youtube]
Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockynv View Post

What do you think about this?

[youtube]-8-ZyyQy3hU[/youtube]
Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #45

Quote:

Pass on the French press. Too much work, too much cleanup, and the coffee isnt strong enough. I'll stick to my 30+ year old percolator.