Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 07-15-2016, 12:39 PM   #1

Cleaner/Protector????

What has everyone found to be the BEST cleaner/protector for chrome & polished aluminum? This Florida climate has me cleaning more than riding! I'll clean my chrome/aluminum one day & it seems as if two days later it's pitting again. My ride is kept in a carport (not a closed garage) & even tho I always kept my bike in a garage in NH , I never had so much trouble with corrosion. Irish
P.S. The thing that really suprises me is that the polished aluminum does it as much as the chrome!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #2

Can't offer a magic bullet... if you can smell the salt air, you have 24/7 corrosion. Before moving to North Florida (away from the coast), I used semiChrome like it was free. Now I use ProtectAll (RV section Wal-Mart) to keep the chrome and aluminum shining. Paint/powder seems to be the only long term low-maintenance solution.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:03 PM   #3

Nod

Quote:
Originally Posted by philr View Post
Can't offer a magic bullet... if you can smell the salt air, you have 24/7 corrosion. Before moving to North Florida (away from the coast), I used semiChrome like it was free. Now I use ProtectAll (RV section Wal-Mart) to keep the chrome and aluminum shining. Paint/powder seems to be the only long term low-maintenance solution.
THANKS!I'll try it! Irish

Login or Register to Remove Ads