Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 05-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #1

Well today I took the carb out again and cleaned it thoroughly and drained out the old gas and put in fresh gas with seafoam. The problem is that the bike runs but the idle is inconsistent. I was going to adjust the a/f mixture screw and the idle, but while I have the bike on the center stand the idle goes from high rpms to low rpms. It happens by itself which is strange. I'll give it throttle for a second and let go, then the rpms go high for a few seconds then drop low again. Then it goes back up to where the rear wheel spins. Sounds like a carb problem?
Kenwood Marine Radio With Remote Control
Mikuni Fuel Pump

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Quote:
Originally Posted by beo111 View Post
Well today I took the carb out again and cleaned it thoroughly and drained out the old gas and put in fresh gas with seafoam. The problem is that the bike runs but the idle is inconsistent. I was going to adjust the a/f mixture screw and the idle, but while I have the bike on the center stand the idle goes from high rpms to low rpms. It happens by itself which is strange. I'll give it throttle for a second and let go, then the rpms go high for a few seconds then drop low again. Then it goes back up to where the rear wheel spins. Sounds like a carb problem?
Sounds like a carb problem.

Now this happens to me when the idle is really high, but the a/f screw is out of whack, so the scooter tries to idle high but bogs out of it and almost dies. I'm not exactly sure what's going on with your scoot, just talking from experience.

By any chance have you cleaned your airbox?