Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 02-25-2018, 04:38 PM   #1

150cc Scooter Won't Start. Please Help!

First time poster. My Flyscooter Il Bello 150cc isn't starting with the electric starter. I used a charger and made sure the battery is charged up. All the lights turn on fine and the horn blasts at full power. However, upon using the electric starter, all it does is click (and if I hold it down I can hear a slight screeching noise). The lights stay on through the clicking, but its like the starter isn't turning over and engaging. Just clicking.

This scooter was always hard to start up when cold, but the starter would always turn over no problem. The last couple of times I started up the scooter before the clicking problem the starter sounded like it was churning slowly at first before giving a strong start.

Unfortunately I have no ammeter or other way to measure what's going on electrically at the starter itself, but I suspect the starter is simply bad. I found this on amazon (link below), and I'm not sure whether its compatible or if the starter is the problem, so that's why I'm here for your help. Additionally, the kickstarter doesn't really work and never has (even before this problem with the starter), so I can't test the engine that way. Thanks in advance!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...LIBVPY7D&psc=1

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-26-2018, 06:15 PM   #2

Why doesn't the kick starter work? I'd fix that first. Electrical problems can pop up anytime, having the kick start would be great, wish I had one. I admit, I don't know anything about your engine, but it seems to me the GY6 is universal. I have a 250, I replaced the drive with a generic set, and it worked fine. From what I've seen, the engines are pretty generic. Wait for someone with knowledge of the engine, but my guess would be that starter would work. But I'd fix that kick start.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:24 PM   #3

You probably need a new battery

Start by charging your battery fully. That means hook it up to a trickle charger or taking it to your local auto parts store to get it charged. Most likely the battery can't put out enough power to crank the engine. Just because the lights work, doesn't mean the battery has enough power to turn that starter. You can also try hooking it up to your car and jump starting it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads