Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2017, 03:10 PM   #1

Gy6 150cc only starts when cranking fast please help

Never ending problems and I'm sure this one is probably out there somewhere. Scooter will not start unless it is hooked up to 200amp fast start charger. Here's the story, scooter ran great parked it came out next morning and would not start. Everything done to scooter is brand new rebuild (didn't need it but that's what happens when you buy a pos compression gauge). New spark plug, new electric choke. Valves are adjusted properly. So when I came out next morning and would not start messed with it and eventually replaced electric choke and started ran good. Now back to square one. It will only start if I turn battery charger on to 200amp and get it cranking good. When running runs great but will die without giving any gas. Only has 1500 miles. Cdi box? Not sure what to try next. Like I said it does run when cranking over really fast. Has spark and has gas. Not sure if power is getting to the electric choke put volt meter on and shows nothing.

Login or Register to Remove Ads