Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2015, 05:05 PM   #1

Question 125cc GY6 won't STOP turning over...

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, mechanically able, but not formally trained in anything mechanical. I've been DIY repairing my little Chinese Dazon/Roketa scooter for some time now using forums and YouTube videos with reasonable success, but now I have run into some new, more difficult issues. I figure it's time to ask someone.

1) During one attempt to start the scooter, it started turning over and then just wouldn't stop. I had to disconnect the battery before it ran out of juice. If I reconnect it, it just starts continuously cranking again. I disengaged the starter button from the wiring, no change. Engaging the kill switch or the kickstand doesn't stop it either. I'm thinking a short somewhere, but I'm not even sure where to start, as this is the first real electrical problem I have had with it.

2) Issue #1 occurred while I was attempting to diagnose/fix issue #2: engine revs itself every 2-3 secs for 3-8secs each time. I have replaced the fuel petcock/vacuum and the fuel filter. I can't find any cracks in my hoses. I have adjusted the valves (.005 for both). The next step is cleaning or replacing the carburetor unless anyone else has a suggestion for something else to try first.

Thanks in advance!

Login or Register to Remove Ads