Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 04-09-2014, 09:25 PM   #1

A matter of the Stator..

I have a matter of the Stator.. My Adly 2 stroke 50 has a 6 coil stator. 5 bronze ones + the one exciter coil for a total of 6. Every stator I see has 6 bronze coils + 1 exciter coil for a total of 7. The Adly (expensive) site itself shows the stator as a total of 7 coils in the diagram..but when you click on it's part number the pic it shows has a total of 6 coils. Will the 6+1 type work with my 5+1 original? I have never seen a Minarelli engine that only had a 6 coil except this one....being 5 + 1 exciter coil...vs. the 7 coil which are 6 bronze wound + 1 exciter coil. The yellow wire on mine is dead and has zero output for battery charging etc. The white wire has the normal 18-24vac. This has me confused and wonder if the 7 coil will work with what I have ..cause I cannot even find a 6 coil one...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-10-2014, 10:48 PM   #2

Slow down...I can't keep up with all this input..lol..
Old 04-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #3

Thanks for the input.. Wait..there was none..lol.. Anyway I got it resolved and made an important discovery that will save folks well over $100.00 on those so called 'Proprietary' Stators.. You can read about it here..just don't get these things on the market before I build a few more and do the same..
Glenn
The link.. All the important info..documentation and pics are on page 2 of this thread.. http://49ccscoot.proboards.com/threa.../matter-stator

Old 04-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #4

Thanks for the link. I'm not good with stuff like that. GY6es are hard enough for me, so I was hoping for an answer, also...

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=66...tion=USA&add=1

Old 04-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpdog View Post
Thanks for the link. I'm not good with stuff like that. GY6es are hard enough for me, so I was hoping for an answer, also...
Answer for what? Lost me..answer for the oddball 2T Stators is in the link with pics and directions. Are you having an issue with a GY6 stator? Ask away...one of us in this forum will be able to help ya..

Old 04-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #6

No, I didn't know the answer for your problem, so I'm glad you posted what you found out. I am glad you got your stator figured out and filled us in...

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=66...tion=USA&add=1