Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Old 12-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #16

Lefty,Not to change the subject but I just had to tell you that being 70 yrs old , your sign off of-You'll never be old & wise if you weren't young & crazy -really hits home! Irish

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
I've gone to the "dark side" since the new year. 145SR12 Yokomama on the rear of my Reflex. Ridden in rain cold and severe windy conditions. Just across the state from you in Orlando. It's an easy way to get a final drive gear change and better fuel economy.
It's been a year now... How has the Yokohama car tire worked out for you so far?
Any issues at all? Anything good to say about it? Other comments?

I came down from MI to Cedar Key FL for the New Year to be with a motorcycle/camping group and it is where I am now, but I'll be heading down to Collier-Seminole State Park near Naples FL tomorrow. (1-6-15) I have my 2006 Honda Reflex hanging off the rear of my truck. Did a little bit of local riding, but it has been cooler and more damp than I'd really like. Naples seems like a sunnier ride prospect.

Hope I can get wifi somewhere there so I can post... If not, then I will when I get back to Michigan. I'll will try to take one last look here before I head out. (internet service has been intermittent here though)
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me
Old 01-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #18

Cost does matter

Bandio, the Yokohama has 15000 mi on it and shows little wear. The ride characteristics are slightly different than a cycle tire but for a commuter this is the ticket. It will last forever and provides great stability especially with two up riding. Thanks for your pioneering efforts and information.

Login or Register to Remove Ads