Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 08-26-2016, 06:40 PM   #1

Hello! Buying scooter! :D (Chinese)

Hello, I am new to this forums and I am so happy I found it to be honest. It would have been great knowing about this forum like two weeks ago when my girlfriends scooter was out of comisson haha. We dont live near a repair shop for scooters and dont own a truck. I know almost zero about these things and it wasnt running.. Bought it used but I got it going and its going great now!

Now, on to my scooter Or my to be scooter. I don't know the year on it.... but it's brand new. I know thiers loads on brand new chinese scooters about it being bad. So, its making me nervous.

So, I'm buying it from a pawnshop in a nearby town. They say they get it from South Dakota or something? Its a "VIP Future Champion" Im sure that doesnt mean anything cause thats just a sticker haha. It has 5 miles on it.

It doesnt come with a battery?? [RED FLAG ] So Im bringing my ladies battery to put it in and to see if it starts.. If it starts and idles and I can give it some gas and it doesnt die Im satisfied. If it dies on me, thier gonna be like... oh sh*t. and Ill offer alot lower..... They were originally selling them for $1,000 each. Now, this is the last of their stock and winter is slowly nearing so their selling it for $700. I offered $650 for it cause after title and stuff it will be aroung $750-$800.

So, like I said Im going to go pick it up tomorrow.. I will post back with updates on if I got it or not and If it is running or not..

Thank you for any comments or suggestions!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-27-2016, 01:02 PM   #2

My suggestion would be to go to the "General Scooter Discussion" section of this forum, and read, then re-read the first topic......PDI (Post delivery inspection).

The more time you spend doing a PDI, or the more thorough you are, the more dependable your scooter will be......see my signature.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:00 PM   #3

I've got a good PDI saved currently. I picked it up. It was running. Got it home still running. Getting new tires on my car currently then getting a new couch.. then I'll change oil and stuff. Bought a new sparkplug also. I'll be getting new hoses soon here.

Login or Register to Remove Ads