Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #1

Noob Questions about BBK

Aloha. I picked up a brand new TaoTao BWS-50 and love my new scoot with the exception of one thing....Hills. My speeds are great everywhere until i get caught on a hill putt putting up em at 12-15 mph. IT drives me nuts. So I went ahead and purchased a BBK kit off of Ebay with the intention of upgrading the scoot. Before beginning installation, I have some questions/reservations about continuing. .. Hopefully some of u out there will be willing to take some of your time to help me out and alleve some of my worries.
I am not so concerned with top speed as much as increasing my speed up hills. Will upgrading to the bbk increase my speed up hills? Or will I still need to hit a hill at 40mph so I can maintain 20mph up the thing?
Also, When I purchased this new from the shop, They said they pulled the factory"sealed" carb off and replaced it with an adjustable one... So I'm hoping I can put the BBK on and not have to fuss with the carb much? Also, is this upgrade going to massively effect my mpg? Any help would be much appreciated. I'm a little hesitant as this scoot runs cherry....And sometimes if it ain't broke don't fix it ya know? Mahalo for taking the time to read this.

Login or Register to Remove Ads