Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 02-16-2016, 08:01 PM   #1

Question About Adding a 2 prong connector to existing wire harness?

EDITED this thread due to my unfortunate excessive bad attitude while explaining my issues i took a couple shots at forum members that were absolutely out of line fixed the thread sorry for my ignorance in this issue.

Mank
2013 tao Tao unknown model 150cc 11.5k KM MODS = carbon fiber lookexhaust, joe florida 90 LED kit with controller, jet canister stlye filter with extension tube ( fixes the cross-member filter clearance issue thats common) , sticker slapped,cup holder, custom grey nike sued seat custom flame brazen brake levers, handlebar guards. custom carbon fiber tape job hot orange cdi hot orange coil ngk iridium carbon fiber mirrors 125 main #38 idle new 26mm carb.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by mank; 02-18-2016 at 11:37 AM. Reason: unneeded aggression towards someone who was trying to help---my apologies john you didnt deserve my ugly attitude
Old 02-17-2016, 05:28 AM   #2

Hi Mank what advice does the ebay vendor offer in this manner? Scrappy has there own tech on staff.

John
Old 02-17-2016, 08:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi Mank what advice does the ebay vendor offer in this manner? Scrappy has there own tech on staff.

John
mean things edited for niceness!
2013 tao Tao unknown model 150cc 11.5k KM MODS = carbon fiber lookexhaust, joe florida 90 LED kit with controller, jet canister stlye filter with extension tube ( fixes the cross-member filter clearance issue thats common) , sticker slapped,cup holder, custom grey nike sued seat custom flame brazen brake levers, handlebar guards. custom carbon fiber tape job hot orange cdi hot orange coil ngk iridium carbon fiber mirrors 125 main #38 idle new 26mm carb.

Last edited by mank; 02-18-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:53 PM   #4

Mank, I too totally dislike Scrappy Dog, not because of pricing, but because they ship parts that have previously been installed (master cylinder), and they don't know how parts are supposed to work and they don't test them (Helix PTC coolant sensor).

John on the other hand is a good man, an honest parts seller, takes constructive criticism well, and offers help freely without any personal motives. He tests many of the parts before shipping, runs an honest company and keeps his shipping costs in line.

He gave you a good answer, just because you don't like it, please don't slam him.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:13 AM   #5

Everything, I purchase in life can be had at a lower price. The point here is about the seller not the price. You pointed out something you feel is negative. I pointed out something positive and asked a question.

Based on all the mods to your scooter, I suspect you know what to do with the two wires. Parts of the post might be for other reasons. and this is my .02

John

Old 02-18-2016, 11:30 AM   #6

sorry about the "slamming" john i guess i just misunderstood what you were saying, i really should have just replied and see what you had to say vs ripping your head off / bad mouthing you just because i got a little pissy = p. I'm quite interested in what you may have to offer parts wise John, that is if you would even want to deal with me.

Mank
Old 02-18-2016, 02:58 PM   #7

I wasn't inclined to reply to the original posting here, as the lights are pretty straight forward DC wires, and they are polarity protected, and the comment about something cheaper on ebay doesn't bother me either. While we do keep our price points better than most, there are some things that aren't. The reason for this is there are different grades of parts made in china, and many of our parts are of taiwanese origin. While parts may look the same to the unskilled eye, or over the internet in a picture, they are not the same. If price is your only concern, and not quality or support, etc, then you will likely find some cheapo parts on ebay, and it's your choice to seek those cheap parts if you wish.
What was disturbing and confusing, was the post 'bull', who stated a few things incorrectly. We do not sell used parts, period, and not sure where that came from, and I don't recall anyone complaining about such a thing. That part didn't need responding to either. The statement that I do not know what our parts are or how they work was the offensive part. I myself have over 30 years in the professional motorcycle parts and repair business, and have been in scooter parts/repair for 8 of those years. I hold several patents for motorcycle/scooter engineering designs, and some of our parts are actually design and blueprinted by myself. Our tech, MO, who is available to everyone, free of charge, at tech@scrappydogscooters.com, has himself been in the continuous professional repair business for over 25 years. I'm not sure how that accusation could be made, but perhaps Bull was referring to one of our gals that answer the phones and are not tech's on hand and are trained in order placement and customer service. All of our parts are inspected, but not tested, except electronic items. Things like master cylinders, or cylinders, or cranks and such are not tested, as they would then become used, and with the price point of such items, it is not viable to test every single part. We're not talking about $1200 BMW cranks here, and even BMW doesn't test their cranks, or any other part.
Just thought I'd make that clear, that while you are not going to get a tech, or a mechanic over the phone that knows everything about your scooter, or how to fix it for you, you can be assured that the owner, and it's online tech, are far from not knowing what they are selling, or how the parts work.
Rick

Like us on facebook or post a video on YouTube and get free shipping
Old 02-18-2016, 08:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmain View Post
I wasn't inclined to reply to the original posting here, as the lights are pretty straight forward DC wires, and they are polarity protected, and the comment about something cheaper on ebay doesn't bother me either. While we do keep our price points better than most, there are some things that aren't. The reason for this is there are different grades of parts made in china, and many of our parts are of taiwanese origin. While parts may look the same to the unskilled eye, or over the internet in a picture, they are not the same. If price is your only concern, and not quality or support, etc, then you will likely find some cheapo parts on ebay, and it's your choice to seek those cheap parts if you wish.
What was disturbing and confusing, was the post 'bull', who stated a few things incorrectly. We do not sell used parts, period, and not sure where that came from, and I don't recall anyone complaining about such a thing. That part didn't need responding to either. The statement that I do not know what our parts are or how they work was the offensive part. I myself have over 30 years in the professional motorcycle parts and repair business, and have been in scooter parts/repair for 8 of those years. I hold several patents for motorcycle/scooter engineering designs, and some of our parts are actually design and blueprinted by myself. Our tech, MO, who is available to everyone, free of charge, at tech@scrappydogscooters.com, has himself been in the continuous professional repair business for over 25 years. I'm not sure how that accusation could be made, but perhaps Bull was referring to one of our gals that answer the phones and are not tech's on hand and are trained in order placement and customer service. All of our parts are inspected, but not tested, except electronic items. Things like master cylinders, or cylinders, or cranks and such are not tested, as they would then become used, and with the price point of such items, it is not viable to test every single part. We're not talking about $1200 BMW cranks here, and even BMW doesn't test their cranks, or any other part.
Just thought I'd make that clear, that while you are not going to get a tech, or a mechanic over the phone that knows everything about your scooter, or how to fix it for you, you can be assured that the owner, and it's online tech, are far from not knowing what they are selling, or how the parts work.
Rick
Thanks a ton for clearing that up Rick, I didn't mean to spark any sort of fires or anything for what its worth ( coming from me ) i ( along with MANY others ) consider Scrappy Dog Scooters / Chinese scooter parts .com to be a UPSTANDING,and PROFESSIONAL establishment. I really singled you out on the intake price and i apologize for jumping to conclusions as i really didn't even take a minute to consider the customer support that you all provide VS these automated listing - Chinese sellers ( who are ok for the most part but MANY do not operate legitimately and their almost non existent customer correspondence ). Best Wishes and thanks for the answer regarding the dc wires!

MANK

Tags
carbib fiber, carbon fiber exhaust, jet intake, leds