Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2019, 09:54 PM   #1

02 Honda Metro project.

Wife and I have a family member who needs cheap transportation. So we bought him a 2002 Honda Metropolitan for $400. Has around 11,600 miles, all service work done, been dropped on the right side (slow speed, nothing bent-just scrapes), seat ugly, new rear tire, needs front tire (I should have a new one in my garage), and dead battery but scooter runs like a top. No leaks either. Wife paid for the scooter, I'm covering everything else. It should be reliable and serve him well. Stinks that its coming up on winter! Funny part of story: I originally had another friend in mind for this Metro. This guy has a Metro with WELL OVER 40,000! Has a weird oil leak and is getting tatty. Oh, and its a Metro 2! Sloooow. He backed out because he thought I said it was a Ruckus! How he got Ruckus for $400 out of Metro is beyond me. So the Metro goes to the family friend because the $500 Genuine Venture I looked at was a sketchy, so we walked away.

Login or Register to Remove Ads