Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 07-19-2015, 01:55 AM   #1

First the turn signal, now this

My front turn signals weren't working so I bought a new relay. Opened up the front of the bike and heard some clanging and something drop into the bottom region of the inside of the bike. Took the bottom panel off and found some misc pieces, have no clue where they came from.

The scooter shows no response with a key turn. Then I found that the wiring from the headlights had come out of the connectors, so I probably didn't even need a new relay. What the heck do these pieces go to and why won't my moped start?

Edit: I'm getting a 12.92 reading from the battery with the kill switch on, off, key on, off.

Edit #2: Ok, blown fuse. Used the spare fuse that was in the case. Blew that one instantly. Touched the wires together and it started right up. New turn signal relay didn't work at all. Old one worked and the turn signals came on when I put the wires in the holes.

Now my real questions are, how do I get these wires to stay in the connector holes?

And I read that if it blows a 3 amp fuse there's electrical issues somewhere. Is that true?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150719_002742.jpg (88.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20150719_004722.jpg (88.8 KB, 9 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by ridingclean; 07-19-2015 at 02:29 AM.