Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Old 08-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #1

Hi Scooter newbie!

Hey scoot dawges, just excited to anounce after countless weeks of reading the forums on older site I finally bought a 2014 Jonway YY250t about two days ago from local dealer Crossroads Motorsports in Lafayette IN. What really makes me happy is I have been wanting a maxi scooter since I was a little kid, now 27 and fulfilled one of my long awaited dreams. Haven't done Pdi yet but will very soon, thanks to the countless forums on scoot dawge I can make this bike safe and get it to run a its full potential. I will keep everyone updated. So far so good. Oh by the way bike had 61 miles on it/ when bought off dealers showroom floor. Maybe now I can finally call myself a scoot dawge.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #2

If you bought it used from a dealer, didn't he do the PDI? I don't like to step on ambition but it should have been prepped when he got it, used it as a demo, took it in on trade or however he got it. The liability for selling an un-prepped scooter would be devastating for his business.

Good Luck, have fun and be careful out there with it.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:58 AM   #3

Welcome...Great choice....I have enjoyed my scoot....Nice to have your here....enjoy your ride...stay safe...

Old 09-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #4

Welcome and remember...the best safety item you have is between your ears.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:08 AM   #5

A quick update to keep everyone informed. I have now got about 200 plus miles on new scooter that had 61m when I bought it. At 300m I will be changing oil/gear, coolant and check brake fluid. I have already had to adjust the valves and scooter is riding smooth. By the way i have the 244cc Honda clone engine. Also already changed out main glass fuse that runs to battery terminal to a busman blade fuse. The glass fuse was a 15 amp fuse so I replaced with 15amp blade fuse. Is 15amp fuse the right fuse for Jonway yy250t 244cc Honda engine?

Old 09-27-2014, 11:20 PM   #6

Thumbs Up New modifications!!

Just installed Chrome Kuryakyn 7/8inch handlebar grips.
http://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-6241-.../dp/B000HS8RVY
Also got a GPS handle bar mount from amazon that i have mounted on the side mirror as there is no room on handle bar and would not fit over handlebar grips. Want to upload pics but cant get upload from computer icon button to do anything. Hope someone can chime in on how to get pics on here. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2015, 02:22 AM   #7

Every fuse on the YY250T is 15 amps. They're using 18 gauge wire all over the place, and honestly they're a little bit too big for wires of that size, although a short should (in most cases) burn out the fuse before the wire.

The radio also has its own fuse, but it is behind the front cowling, not under the seat with the rest of them.

The best place for a GPS on this bike will be above the speedometer cluster, since you can easily look out over it to see the road, you don't have to take your eyes far from the road to look at it, and it doesn't affect your view of the instrument cluster.

There is one circuit in the YY250T that is completely unfused. Its the loop from the battery, to the starter solenoid, to the starter. If the red wire gets damaged and shorts to ground somehow, you WILL have cooked wires and/or a fire.

Last edited by Shadowfire; 03-15-2015 at 03:04 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:50 PM   #8

I saw b hinch's a year or so ago after realizing I needed something a little bigger than my Evo 150. It just caught my eye and looked comfortable for a chinese scooter. Sent him an email, he was happy with it, so I bought one. It's very similar to his. I've got everything documented that I've done to it if you care to read it. But it's very good for what I use it for and I still have less than 2k into the entire thing! Mines labeled as the roketa Bali 13, but still a yy250t. It's got the alarm and remote start which I never use and blinkers in the mirrors. Slight body changes but same Thing

Last edited by scooter; 03-21-2015 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Changes