Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Scooty McBreaksalot
Question Ground and wiring help needed.

Hi everyone, fresh account and first time forum user. I can always find the info and do it myself....until now. Got a 150cc GY6 and played so hard i blew it up. Invested in a fresh 150 GY6 and its ran for a couple thousand miles perfectly. After a serious rain storm (idk if relevant) started her up and walked inside to let warm up, came back to a non running moped. Here is what i know:

When using starter the green (ground) wire from stator gets EXTREMELY hot, like smoke burning wires hot. Also everything electrical is off (out), except instrument cluster, left blinkers, and horn. I did tons of hours of research and tinkering. I did experiment with adding an additional ground from the frame to the valve cover and when i would try to start it was (50-75%) faster and sounded perfect, looked down and that new ground wire was smoking hot crisping itself. I checked the stator wire and it was fine unlike before i made another ground. I am at the point of wanting to buy a new wiring harness or perhaps make a new one or modify the one i have. So, my question is where do i start?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
gy6