Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 01-03-2015, 09:35 AM   #1

Hi from FL, Tampa bay area.

What's up everyone. New to the forum, I havent had a scoot for probably 10 years now but just picked one up for 100$ at my apartment.

It's a 2013 taotao, 50cc. The story I was told was the owner bought it for his son (it did have an under 21 tag on it still) he had no interest riding it, so the dad used it to zip to work and back. It was stolen but recovered a few weeks later, the ignition cylinder had been punched out but it still started up, he had a valid title and the VIN still matched.

Still unsure if the story was true, but at least I have the paperwork to own it legally now lol.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it just yet, I've pulled all the body plastics off to source a few replacements and look everything over. Today I'm going to hunt for a new set of keys/cylinders, some lights and also removed the carb and primary cover to check and see if anything had been done (or done wrong) but everything is incredibly clean still, so whatever I'm happy!

I also have indisputable proof now that I have THE most understanding wife ever, not only did she not say anything about impulse buying a busted up scooter but she helped get it upstairs, INTO the apartment so I could get it on the porch

I'll be posting some pictures soon as I customize this thing here and there, see you guys in the forums!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-03-2015, 12:18 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum, so glad to have you join us here!
Old 01-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. Your wife is a definite keeper.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:29 PM   #4

Nice scoot im currently driving the same one.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #5

I was able to source a front cover today from a local shop, a new key set was 70$ there so I passed on that and bypassed the key cylinder all together, I just need to pick up a DPDT switch later today.

I'm going to attempt to repair the 6" or so broken piece on the lower cover and try to find the last side panel I need and I'll have a complete machine again. Already looking at paint and some other goodies. I should have most of it back together tonight.

Hoping to have fun with this one!

Old 01-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #6

Parts should be available from eagleatv.com which is the parts selling name for www.gsmotorworks.com They're the distributor of Tao Tao.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz1000st View Post
Parts should be available from eagleatv.com which is the parts selling name for www.gsmotorworks.com They're the distributor of Tao Tao.
Thanks man, the panel I need is on there. I already have enough bodywork supplies at home I can repair the broken pieces but I appreciate the link! Bookmarked the site for future reference.

I'm going to mold in a street fighter style motorcycle headlight panel into the front cover I got today, a little something to give it some originality and a cheap solution for a headlight, as well as an excuse to fabricate something which I rarely get these days.

Tags
taotao 50cc