Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #1

Doh! CF Moto Fashion 250--Steering Issue

OK, I back out of a stall; twist and go leaning a little left and wheel turned slightly left. The scoot "feels" like the front wheel is loose. As I speed up and right, everything is fine, but my out loud statement is, "what the heck was that?". I figure I'm imagining it so have been riding around all week and that "feeling" has recurred sporadically (about 4-5 times).

I review the service manual looking for some maintenance I should have done or something else to check. Not much help. Scoot is 2009 with 7500 miles all of which I put on it. I put scoot on blocks and check front end. Nothing is loose (front back or sideways). Shocks and forks appear to be correct. Wheel turns with no noise. There appear to be no xerxes to add grease.

Question--anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm a very experienced rider so I do know it isn't "right". I'd take it into a shop except no one will work on it because it's Chinese. I'm reasonably good with tools, but don't want to get too far into it since it still rides ok with the exception of the occasional "what was that?". I suppose I could wait until something breaks, then I'd know for sure what to fix, but Murphy tells me that breakage will occur 20 miles from home on the day I forget to take my cell phone.

Login or Register to Remove Ads