Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 09-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #16

Cheapeto,

Depending on what your looking to do and where you want to ride will determine the best scooter for you. INHO however the Helix may be your best bet depending on the damage. If your not a "gearhead" then I would look for a good mechanic to look it over and put the new plastics on.

For under a grand - maybe $1500 - you would have a great little scoot.

It's a 250cc basically which would allow your to take it onto the faster moving roads (I would be weary of highways personally). Depending on your state you may be required to have a motorcycle endorsement and insurance. http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Honda/Helix/Helix.html

That's my opinion but I think you be foolish not to buy that one if you can.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #17

Hey Houndguy,
Thank you for the insight.
The motor end, I'm not real worried about, but it's a great point.
Since I've been upgrading my BR, I've become way more comfortable with doing (so far) all my own work except tire changes, and I also want to do that a couple of times, with spoons, wood and muscle.

I've been into many types of gear boxes, drive lines and what not in the printing industry. Motorcycles are very different but many assembly and checking procedures are the same, so with a good service manual. I'd wade in to some engine work.

Here are a few pics that inspire me for what I'd like in the end.
I want to have another scooter that can be my grab and go for every day use, or errand running, type of ride, something real cheap, and odd, and keep my BR for longer trips.

I honestly knew nothing of *skelly rebuilds* until a few months ago.
Since I also have 15+ years of welding and fabricating also under my belt also. So the removal and cutting of mounts and frames are not new to me....on a scooter it's very new to me.

I'm in no hurry either I got a 71 Karmann Ghia in the space for my try at a rebuild.
I'm installing the interior from the pans upwards.....so it will be a while....so I look for desperation, divorce, deceased sellers, barn finds, the people are usually in the frame of mind to just get rid of a thing.
Yeah, I know that sounds harsh, but I've parted with things due to desperation, and I've bought things from those situations, it's just business, nothing personal.

I also beg pardon to the original poster for being off topic in his thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg honda_cn250_original.jpg (48.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg honda_cn250_transformado_02.jpg (55.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg BRmotoDSC01626_zps04ecbc5b-1_zpssu2lvl27.jpg (95.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #18

No problem talk all you want. I used craigslist hundreds of times and always end up with an issue. I can get a handsome boy in the crate now for 800 or 850 assembled. 6 month dealer warranty on top of factory. No tax either

Login or Register to Remove Ads