Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 01-06-2016, 10:50 AM   #1

Oh No Question?

Has anyone dealt with LeatherUp? I wanted to order a leather shirt from them but it is out of stock! I sent my e-mail to notify me when it is back in stock. What I was wondering is how reputable they are in notifing me. Irish

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-10-2016, 11:24 AM   #2

When I left NH , I got rid of all of my riding gear. Leather jacket to Goodwill , cutoff-cut up & trashed , goggles-thrown away , etc. now I regret it! Irish
Old 01-10-2016, 01:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Has anyone dealt with LeatherUp? I wanted to order a leather shirt from them but it is out of stock! I sent my e-mail to notify me when it is back in stock. What I was wondering is how reputable they are in notifing me. Irish
I ordered a helmet from Leather Up... in stock and fast shipping.

Leather purchases from Fox Creek Leather (https://www.foxcreekleather.com), top quality, fast service.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:27 AM   #4

Thank You! I just checked Fox Creek & the prices are MUCH higher! Irish
Old 01-19-2016, 12:50 PM   #5

LeatherUp had them on sale for $99! If that isn't my price , when back in stock , I'll live without it (I hope!)I have three insulated Denim shirts & I'll use them! Irish
P.S. In Florida , you don't need much for warmth & I'm not going to spend $ on a jacket after giving away a perfectly good one! When you're on a fixed income $ is tight.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:09 AM   #6

Thumbs Up

I received (by E-mail) a notice today , that the Leather Shirts (in my size) are back in stock! It's now ordered & we'll see what happens on price. Irish
Old 06-15-2016, 08:46 AM   #7

Exclamation

The regular price was $199 & the sale price was $99! That should be my price! Irish
Old 06-25-2016, 09:49 AM   #8

Leather Shirt!

I got the shirt in the mail yesterday afternoon. Even my wife was impressed with materials , workmanship , etc. Plus I got it for the sale price of $99 instead of $199. Can't complain about that! I think that LeatherUp might have a repeat customer. Irish
Old 06-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #9

Hey Irish.....I lived in Florida for a couple of years, and remember seeing a skim of ice on the water in the container that sat under the outside faucet. Not every morning.....but once in a while. In my book...that's jacket weather.

My wife recently purchased an Alpinestars riding jacket...with a removable liner, armored in the elbows, shoulders, and back. Found it on ebay....paid $25 plus $11 to have it shipped from Seattle to NY. These are like $159 new, but this one was being sold by Goodwill or one of the other second hand stores, and showed no signs of wear. Wife is very happy with it.

I've also looked at a lot of leather jackets on Craigslist......there is a lot of decent stuff out there, might take a while to find just what you want.....but you don't have to spend a couple of hundred dollars, to get a nice jacket.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Hey Irish.....I lived in Florida for a couple of years, and remember seeing a skim of ice on the water in the container that sat under the outside faucet. Not every morning.....but once in a while. In my book...that's jacket weather.

My wife recently purchased an Alpinestars riding jacket...with a removable liner, armored in the elbows, shoulders, and back. Found it on ebay....paid $25 plus $11 to have it shipped from Seattle to NY. These are like $159 new, but this one was being sold by Goodwill or one of the other second hand stores, and showed no signs of wear. Wife is very happy with it.

I've also looked at a lot of leather jackets on Craigslist......there is a lot of decent stuff out there, might take a while to find just what you want.....but you don't have to spend a couple of hundred dollars, to get a nice jacket.
When I go to Harbor Freight , my wife usually browses thru the Goodwill store(two doors down) I have met her there & bought two shirts for $3 that still had the tags on them from where the previous owner bought them. They had never been worn. Someone bought them & needed $ & donated them to Goodwill! I agree with you. If you have the time to look around , you can get some great deals! Irish