Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 06-15-2017, 09:29 PM   #1

update:
Didn't see any restriction pieces in the air box, scoot likes it with the cover off, so looking for direct air cone style.

The EGR hoses are still hooked up, when i plug the one to the intake it stalls out.

Overall seems a 'little' peppier then at 50cc...but not much - sadly i expected more. Still limits at 60kmph (7500rpm), so i think something else is at play.
- checked the CDI, it looks to be a yellow DC fired, and says performance on it - so Im assuming its not rev limited
- i didn't see any washer in the CVT when i checked last year
- still stock rollers, as i don't have a tool to get at it, but i would expect just a slow accel...?

Any other thoughts?

The kit i got was some cheapo from ebay -
here is the link

My old 2001 BWS still destroys this thing on take off and top speed - hind sight, i should have kept that instead and lived with the 2-stoke exhaust smell when i got to work :P

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-15-2017, 11:06 PM   #2

I feel ya on the 2 stroke exhaust smell. My wife calls them "Stinky wheels!". You may need to see if they sell a upgear kit for the final drive. 01 BWS, a Zuma to us Yanks! That was the French made one. I freakin' LOVE Zuma's. I have a 70cc full Athena motor from a 09 Zuma that I think will drop into my Adly RT50. This Athena motor will hit 70mph top end and rips off the line. Oh, sorry. If you do a aftermarket variator you may pick up a bit more top end, but it still comes down to the final drive ratio that dictates top end. Plus, you need power to push those upgears, and you have a bbk in place already. Get it all ironed out as far as the motor first, then start considering your next option/upgrade(s).