Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 02-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #1

fuel line check valve.

My Xingyue has a high mounted fuel tank and manual fuel valve - I replaced the original vacuum item. Easy-Peasy gravity fuel supply.

My Znen 150 has a low mounted gas tank, under the floor, and a vacuum operated fuel pump (original replaced with a Mikuni fuel pump because I felt like fuel starvation was happening when riding WOT for a mile or two)
But it is hard to start when it has sat for a few days. I think getting the fuel back up in the lines is the problem. A few shots of spray start and it will fire a few times before it will run on its own again.
So now I am looking for a small light duty gasoline compatible check valve to keep the fuel in the lines.
Does anyone have an idea of a source? Or other ideas to fix this issue?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #2

did you try the autoparts store they should have one. I really thought there was one in the fuel pump...

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 03-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #3

Car parts stores seem to not have much for small engines, even the small engine specialty hardware stores don't have extra bit.
From what I read since my original post, there should be one in the fuel pump.
I need to go over all the vacuum lines again, and probably add new hose clamps.
There could be a check valve inside the tank - keeping the line filled is the what we want.
Reading over on Total Ruckus they have electric fuel pumps even on carb'ed motors (controlled by an ECM)

Somewhere I saw a statement that the stock vacuum, or upgrade Mikuni pump actually provide more than enough fuel. Not sure what the output pressure or the pump is, but making sure the carb float and valve are in proper operating order is obviously important.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-15-2015, 12:31 PM   #4

WARNING: Be careful of Starting Fluid! I use it myself but carefully. I know of more than one engine problem that it has caused. Irish