Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Old 06-09-2020, 01:03 PM   #1

Question Vog connections?

Hello and thanks for the help. Just bought my first scooter a 2008 Vog 260 made by zheji xingyue there is no numbers on the engine itself. When I got it nothing worked, and it kept blowing the main fuse. I traced it to the two plugs on the left, unplugged them now it has stopped blowing The fuse. Now when I turn the key I have horn, turn signals and other lights. It will try and start with the start button. But before I get too far in trying to get it running I have these two plugs, I can see they are located near the ignition coil, which I am replacing because the lead for the spark plug was melted. Am I missing a component in this location?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D7_...w?usp=drivesdk

The plug on the left is a female two wire: brown/yellow and green. The next plug is male two wire brown/yellow and black. I have disconnected almost everything after the harness to narrow it down and it is still blowing the main fuse. I have studied a wire diagram, but don't even see yellow/brown anywhere on the diagram. I know it is not the cdi, the coil or the regulator,front lights, back lights, horn, flasher, starter. Of the four wires the only one that has positive current is the black wire, which makes sense of why it is blowing a fuse because when it is in the connector it goes to green?
please let me know what other information you need.

*update*
Here is what I found today.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Af5...w?usp=drivesdk
The brown/yellow wire goes nowhere (no wonder I cold not find it on the wiring diagram). I am starting to think it is not intended to connect and that it is only there to add a seat switch or seat light? What do you think?
Thanks,
Dean

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Dwanless; 06-09-2020 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Update

Tags
blowing fuse, fuse, vog