Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Old 03-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #1

Spandi, I have a 300cc Linhai Mainstreet and it is every bit as good a bike as my Majesty. Yamaha owns as much of the Linhai factory as they will allow and I have very pleased with mine. The one important thing that you must do if you buy one is to swap out all the liquids with new Yamaha or USA stuff. I don't think the Chinese brake fluid, antifreeze, or engine and rear gear oils are very good. I did all that and have had no problems at all with my Mainstreet.
Tom

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkid View Post
Spandi, I have a 300cc Linhai Mainstreet and it is every bit as good a bike as my Majesty. Yamaha owns as much of the Linhai factory as they will allow and I have very pleased with mine. The one important thing that you must do if you buy one is to swap out all the liquids with new Yamaha or USA stuff. I don't think the Chinese brake fluid, antifreeze, or engine and rear gear oils are very good. I did all that and have had no problems at all with my Mainstreet.
Tom
Yep. I finally talked to the owner of the 260 and he was having overheating issues with it. ( I told him about my larger Spal fan modification) yet they still insist on putting in what I consider an underpowered 5 inch fan. (which in the southwest desert don't cut it.)
Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #3

Smile

I bought a 2009 Linhai Aeolus 260 last year and so far am very happy with it. Just purchased a rear rack for it also.

Login or Register to Remove Ads