Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 10-18-2019, 03:54 PM   #1

Sad Story With A Happy Ending

A month or so ago I turned on the key to my CF Moto Fashion and saw only dim lights all around. I looked through the basics and found nothing so I took the scooter down to a shop in Town. This shop is run by a pair of young men who specialize in Motocross bikes but don't shy away from fixing anything with an engine. They fixed my Honda Nighthawk's directional signals last year and didn't say a word when I brought them the scooter.

After removing all the plastics and much investigating they found a wire deep inside the scooter that had been rubbed through. It was only carrying a minimum of current. They replaced the wire, taped it in a place away from being rubbed through again and it's back in my garage.

I always heard that no one works on Chinese scooters, well guess what? They have a Tao Tao there with a clogged carburetor from years old gas, a JM Star with ignition troubles and a Kymco Like 50 two stroke with a burned piston from being run without oil.

There are people out there who will work on Chinese scooters. You just have to look for them. Plus they're only four miles away.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-18-2019, 10:24 PM   #2

I have 2 dealers that will work on Chinese scooters within 6 miles. I dont hate working on Chinese scooters, I hate working on all scooters. I had a bum dude ask me to work on his Yamaha Razz. It was a transmission issue and the local shop wanted $250 to fix it. I dont care for the guy and just because I always have Honda Rucks and Yamaha Zuma's being worked on, I have no interest in fixing his scooter. He got mad and demanded I work on it. I told him for $350 I'd take a stab at it. He took it to someone else. I will help people if their helping themselves in a minute, but Im not helping bums fix their beer runners! The shop that gave him the $250 estimate was a "worse case" repair, and they do honest work.